Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {26}

Zacznij od początku

"Yum, thank you Mrs. Rhodes." says Amy as she takes one. As she takes a bite out of it, she gives me an evil smile. I gave her a wierd look and then glanced at Landon, who was stretching out his arm.

"So, Amy. You're spending the night here right?" says Landon.

"You are?" I asked, full of curiousity.

"Yes I am. Four days." replies Amy.

"Speaking of spending the night, I set up your room. It's right next to Skye's." says Mrs. Rhodes.

"Oh really? Thank you, Mrs. Rhodes." says Amy.

"Oh honey, call me Tia." says Mrs. Rhodes. Woah wait, so Amy gets to call Mrs. Rhodes by her first name? There's another clue that she hates me.

"Do you mind showing Amy her room right after you guys are done talking, Skye?" she asks.

"I don't mind at all." I said through clenched teeth.

"Thank you, Skye. I'm sure we're going to become best best best friends." says Amy.

"Mhmm." I mummbled.

Something's telling me that we definately won't become best best best friends.

"Now, Amy. Relax and make your self at home, alright? I have to go back to do some work." says Mrs. Rhodes a.k.a. Tia.

"Okay, thank you again, Tia." says Amy. Mrs. Rhodes smiles and heads upstairs.

"So, why are you staying here for four days?" I asked.

"My family are out of town. So, they told me that I can stay here 'til they come back." she replies.

"Cool." I said.

"So, wanna show Amy her room, Skye?" asks Landon.

"Um, sure." I said and stood up.

"Thank you, Skye." says Amy with a smile as she grabs her suitcase next to her.

"Want me carry that for you?" asks Landon.

"Oh no, it's okay." she says.

"It's cool, I got it." he says and picks up the suitcase. I lead them upstairs and headed to the room next to mine.

"Here it is." I said, in front of the room door.

"We're going to be room neighbors. This is great." says Amy.

"Yup...sure is." I said, disappointed. I opened the door and lead them in the room.

"Wow. This room is so big." she says, looking around.

"This is my favorite room. And I picked it just for you." says Landon, putting the suitcase down next to the bed.

"Aww, so sweet." she gushes and wraps her arms around his neck. They both kiss and stayed there for a while as I stood there, uncomfortably.

"Um, ahem...excuse me." I said, trying to grab their attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry Skye." she says when they pulled away.

"No no, s'okay." I said, "So, I hope you enjoy and I am going to leave now to do...something."

"Okay, thank you Skye." she says as I left the room.

I went in my room and laid down on my bed.

This is so going to be a long four days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Skye! It's dinnertime!" I heard Landon shout in a British accent.

"Haha! Landon, you're so funny!" I then heard Amy laugh and giggle.

"Ugh..." I groaned and headed downstairs.

I walked in the dining room and sat down at the table.

"What happened to your hair?" asks Landon.

"I was taking a small nap." I said.

"Looks like you fell down the stairs or something." he says.

"I did not." I said as a chef places food in the middle of the table.

"Alright, dig in, everyone!" says Mrs. Rhodes.

"Where's dad?" asks Landon.

"Your father's staying at a hotel tonight. Busy day for him." she replies.

"Okay, just wonderin'." he says.

"Your house is so big. I wish mine was like this." says Amy.

"Everyone says the same thing, even Skye." he says.

"You're lucky you get to live here with Landon. Must be nice to be with your one true love." she says.

I almost choked on the turkey breast when she said "one true love".

"Oh he is not my one true love." I said.

"Really? Why are you two getting married though?" she asks.

"Long story." I replied.

"Yeah a really long one." adds Landon.

"So, how is school for you two?" asks Mrs. Rhodes.

"Eh..so-so." says Landon.

"Same here." I said, quietly. I thought about Roy for second and then, immediately changed it to something else. Like...um...the food I am eating right now!

"Skye, are you alright?" asks Mrs. Rhodes.

"Oh, yeah. I'm perfectly fine." I said, hesitating.

"Is there something at school that's bothering you?" she asks.

"No. Just...you know. My grades." I lied...well, sorta.

"I'm sure you'll get good grades. I mean, I bet you're really smart in every subject." says Amy.

"Except for gym." I heard Landon mummble.

I just glared at him and ate my food, quietly.

After dinner, we all were still at the table, waiting for dessert.

"What's for dessert, mom?" asks Landon.

"Chocolate caramel mousse." replies Mrs. Rhodes.

"Oh my god, that sounds amazing." I said.

"My all time favorite dessert." says Landon and gets up and walks over to Mrs. Rhodes. He gives her a hug and says, "I love you mom."

"Oh Landon, stop this." says Mrs. Rhodes laughing. Amy and I laugh along and she says, "You're so funny, Landon."

My laughter dies away and I rolled my eyes.

"Dessert is served." says Mrs. Rhodes as Landon sits back in his seat and the chef places chocolate caramel mousses in front of us.

I took my spoon and scooped up a big spoonful of mousse. I put it in my mouth and sighed, happily.

"Oh god, is this heaven?" I said.

"I know right?" agrees Amy.

After our dessert, Landon, Amy and I went into the living room as Mrs. Rhodes went back to her work office.

"So, who wants to watch Family Guy?" asks Landon as turns on the TV.

"Family starts in like two more hours though." I said, looking at the clock.

"I recorded 4 episodes from last week." he said.

"Oh, okay then." I said and sat on the couch, "Turn on Family Guy!"

So then, we started watching a couple episodes of that which lead to us, sleeping on the floor.