Chapter Twenty - Mistakes are Permanent

CARA'S POV

You know that feeling in your gut when something is wrong. Well something was wrong and we didn't realise until a few days after the accident.

"Mr Neymar?" A doctor called. We are in the waiting in the hospital and just hoping, hoping Rafaella's surgery went well and that she would be okay now.

She took a blow to her head and scratches and cuts were found everywhere. Even her legs and arms were broken.

Neymar had been freaking out as much as I had been since we found out. He was fighting with his parents for not telling him immediately.

He stood up, making his way to the recovery room and I quickly rushed behind before a hand stopped me.

"Sorry Miss," the nurse said. "Only one person is allowed."

"But she's my best friend." I argued. I watched as Neymar gave me a sad look but continued walking.

He hadn't talked to me much since we got to the hospital. We hadn't seen Rafaella either.

"But it's against the rules." The nurse closed the door behind me.

And shutting me out.

•••

I sat on the floor and leaned against the wall next to the waiting room.

Every time the door opened, I was hoping, hoping to see Rafaella okay and Neymar happy that his sister would be fine.

And I had been for three hours until finally the door did open.

And Neymar came out, hands in his pockets, tear-stained cheeks and a pissed off expression which told me she still wasn't going to be doing very well.

"It affected her brain."

The brain, the most vital part of the body along with the heart wasn't functioning properly because of the blow.

"It's okay, she's going to be fine. She's going to be better. Let's just hope-" I went to hug him but he pushed me off and I fell to the ground.

I was shocked. He had never pushed me or physically hurt me intentionally.

"Don't you get it?" He shouted. The heads of the other people in the waiting room turned towards us. "She's freaking dead. Rafaella's dead."

The words made me want to crumble into pieces. I didn't want to believe it. But he wouldn't joke about that kind of crap.

"No."

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry. I-"

"Well you should be. It's pretty much your fault too-"

"How the freaking hell is it my fault? Am I the one who bloody hit her with a car? No." I shouted back. I felt bad for him but I wasn't going to let him blame me.

"Well go home."

"No. I think I'm the only person who could actually keep you from killing someone."

"Just go."

•••

I couldn't breathe properly. I felt like I was trapped in a state of anger and betrayal I couldn't escape.

He told me to go home. So I was going home.

To São Paulo.

My real home, my first home. He would never find me there anyway. He wouldn't think of it. He wouldn't care anyway. I felt like he hated me for no reason.

My boss had offered me a new job there a few weeks ago and I put it on hold. But now, accepting it was a better choice.

Too much jealousy, drama and fighting went on between us two and I didn't want the rest of my life like that.

It was just wrong.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he came through the doorway. All my bags were packed and ready to go. Most were already in the taxi which was waiting for me outside.

"I'm leaving. Im going home." I rushed out with my remaining bags before he could say anything.

Why did this have to happen again?

What I didn't realise later on, was that it was a mistake.

A/N: So close to the end of the book yet so far. I still have a lot of ideas to put in but YOLO I'll get through it. And if you haven't noticed I changed the name of Fancy to Replay.

As usual but nevertheless, I thank each and every one of you have kept on reading and voting and following and commenting. You make me feel so loved.

Xx