Chapter Five - Ugh

CARA'S POV

I woke up to the sound of deep whispers and a pounding in my head.

"You both took a pretty big hit to the head. But I think you both'll be fine."

"Lucas?" The bell boy was seated to my right. I remembered him vaguely in the scene - before I blacked out. Then I turned to the figure next to him.

"Neymar! Are you okay?" I got out of the hospital bed, my body aching everywhere, and moved his fringe out of the way to reveal the dark purple bruise above his left eye.

He took my hand off his head and held both my wrists. "Better than you right now. Haha." He smirked. "You should get a little more rest."

"No, I-I'm fine." I answered then faced Lucas. " Thank you Lucas. For whatever you did last night. I don't really want to know what happened after that."

I saw a hint of red come to his cheeks and he smiled while running his hands through his blonde hair. "You're welcome-"

"The doctor said you're free to go whenever you feel like it." Neymar interrupted which earned him a stern look. He continued anyway, "I'll take you back to the hotel. Your friend was looking for you all night."

"Okay." I said and the two of us said bye to Lucas at the hospital entrance where he went to his own car and Neymar and I left in his black Ferrari.

As we drove, silence occurred.

It was awkward but I didn't feel like talking too much, my head honestly did hurt.

"Are you okay?"

"Meu Deus! Yes I am okay! Just stop asking." I crossed my arms across my chest and looked out the window.

"Well, I was just worried." He said sternly.

I shut up realising how rude I had been. We pulled up to the hotel where Ney gave his keys to someone so they could park it.

We both walked into the elevator, me in one corner, him -with his hands in his pockets- in the other corner.

I looked up to see him biting his lip, pondering on something.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I am okay! Just stop asking." His face quickly lifted as he imitated my voice from earlier on and started laughing.

"Shut up." I punched him playfully and laughed along with him. "Look I'm sorry. I don't know, my head just hurts like hell."

"It's okay princesa, no hard feelings?" He opened his arms wide and I hugged him. It felt nice to hug someone who you knew cared for you.

"Don't you have a game tomorrow?" I suddenly remembered. I think I just caused him an injury during his World Cup. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Merda." He groaned in frustration. "I completely forgot! Coach is going to kill me. Wait what's the time?"

We walked out of the elevator onto our floor and I checked the time on my phone. "It's 2:27. Why?"

"I've got training at two-thirty." He began pacing quickly and I had to walk quickly because my legs were shorter.

"Well. Good luck getting there in three minutes Ney." I giggled. He kissed me on the forehead and rushed to his room, waving goodbye.

"See you later! What about dinner tomorrow night? After the game? Actually, come to the game too! I'll save you some seats."

I waved back as thoughts whirled in my head. Was that a friendly kiss? Did he like me? No..... Didn't he have a girlfriend? Well, probably not. He was my friend after all. And after all the events in the past twenty four hours, I was lucky to call him my best friend.

The door creaked as I unlocked my room.

"Look who finally decided to come back." said an unhappy blonde.

"Oh my gosh. Bella! You have no idea what happened it was all crazy and-"

"I don't really care. Anyway where did you go yesterday after I left for the game?"

"I didn't leave until the game was over actually. I actually met up with an old friend and his team. You remember Rafael? I mean Neymar. You know-"

"Yes I know, the soccer player. He's my-" She stopped her sentence, leaving me hanging.

"He's your what?"

"Favourite player." She answered quickly and went to her bed. On top piled a countless amount of shopping bags.

"Do you want to go to the game tomorrow?" I asked so she hopefully would stop being pissed at me.

"Sorry, I've made plans with some friends I met yesterday. You can go if you want." She began sorting out her new clothing, holding each one up as if she couldn't see them already.

She was ditching me for them? She barely knew whoever they were. Sometimes she was such- such a-ASDFGHJKL.

"Oh okay." I answered and grabbed my towel then walked towards the bathroom.

"By the way, red doesn't suit you Hun."

Ugh.

A/N: OMG Sorry I haven't posted in ages 😫 I'm so busy with so many other things. I'll try to post again this week. Hope you enjoyed.

QOTC: Would you rather Bella or Bruna? < they're both major brats to me ugh.

Btw you don't need to know what the Portuguese is to understand the story so ignore me because they're just yeah.