"I don't believe it," Scarlett whispered, putting her hands over her mouth. "How did they survive?"

Eden walked over to stand beside her. "It's a miracle," she said, slowly shaking her head in disbelief.

"They're so beautiful," Rachel gushed as she quickly rushed along the riverbank, following them.

Lilith was struggling to hold on to Teddy, who was leaping about, barking. "Settle, little man, you'll scare them." She placed her hand on his head and he quickly laid down in the grass, still watching the swans with his head resting on his paws.

Emily quickly followed her daughter, taking Rachel's hand while they watched the swans disappear around the bend. When they returned to the others, Emily had tears in her eyes. "I honestly didn't think we would ever see any of the creatures of this world again. What a wonderful surprise."

"Creatures?" Rachel questioned. "Do you mean that there are more animals like that?"

Emily laughed. "So many more, sweetheart. Although, I'm not sure how there could possibly be any left."

"Well, if the swans survived, there's still hope," Eden said, looking over her shoulder at Emily with a smile.

Emily smiled back. She turned to her daughter. "Our family used to care for all kinds of wonderful and magical animals in this world. If we can find them again, maybe it will be something we can do together."

Rachel's eyes lit up. "Really? Oh, I would love that," she said, wrapping her arms around her mother.

There was a whistle from the opposite side of the river, catching everyone's attention.

Noah was leaning against the stone bridge, waving a hand in the air.

"They're back. Let's get going, ladies." Eden headed toward her husband, and the rest of the girls followed close behind.

Rachel turned back one last time to look down the river in the direction where the swans had disappeared. "I can't wait," she whispered.

* * * * *

"Riley, what are you doing?" Lilith was standing with her arms crossed watching Riley stomp around the clearing near all of their broken-down cottages with his cell phone held high in the air above his head.

"I'm trying to get my phone to work," he replied impatiently.

Everyone was watching him with amusement.

Poppy was shaking her head. "I thought I told you, Riley, that it wouldn't work over here?"

"Did he say phone?" Luke asked, looking confused.

Scarlett smiled warmly. "Things have changed quite a bit since you were last in Blackwood." She waved at Riley, getting his attention and indicating to come over to them.

Riley approached with a huff. "I can access my photos and my music, but there's no reception." He handed the phone to Luke so that he could take a look.

"Just as I told you," Poppy said, rolling her eyes.

"This thing is amazing," Luke exclaimed as Scarlett took the phone from him and began showing him how to use it.

"Not right now, it isn't," Riley grumbled.

"Are you kidding me?" Luke argued. "This is incredible." He took it back from Scarlett and began poking at the screen.