34

It's a week later, both women haven't spoken since graduation. They knew having sex in the toilets wasn't supposed to happen but it's all they can think about. Emma was sat at work, her feet on the desk as she played angry birds on her phone. The sound of heels clicking against the floor headed towards her. Emma sat up to see who is it, looking towards the door to see Regina stood there.

"Gina?" Emma questioned, looking at her a little confused.

"Hey" Regina awkwardly said, walking more into the room with her head lower.

"How did you know I was here" Emma asked with a curious face, standing up to walk closer to her.

"I guessed. If you weren't, I'd have gotten your address and come found you" Regina replied, standing in front of the blonde with a nervous look.

"Well you found me, what's up"

"I don't know, I don't even know why I'm here"

Regina looked down in shame, feeling stupid for going there. Emma stepped closer and wrapped her arms around her, holding her close to comfort her. Regina held the blonde tight, wanting to cry but trying so hard not to.

"What happened? I know there is a reason" Emma softly asked, feeling the tension in the woman's body.

"Howard beat me up so badly, yesterday, that I was coughing up blood; he was screaming and shouting. Em, I was really scared and I just wanted to be hugged by someone who I knew would never hurt me" Regina explained, her voice cracking as she kept the blonde close.

"It's ok, I'm here and I always will be" Emma whispered in a soothing voice, holding her in her arms so she could go.

"Last week shouldn't of happened, I'm sorry" Regina said with a sigh at herself, pulling away to step back in shame.

"It's ok" Emma said with a chuckle, stepping closer to hold their bodies together again. This time Emma's hands felt to her hips and her head rested against Regina's, biting her lip at her. "I enjoyed it"

"Em, we stopped doing this for a reason" Regina sighed, placing her hand over the blondes but not moving them.

"One of the two problems we had is gone, I'm not your student anymore. All that is left is Howard and I'm deputy sheriff now" Emma said with a smirk, pulling the brunettes hips closer to hers.

"No, the whole reason I'm with him is so he's there for the kids. After last week, I'm back to being hooked on you. I can't handle the pain of falling in love with you all over again just to loose you" Regina said with another sigh, her eyes locked on the pair of lips opposite her.

"Then don't loose me" Emma whispered, softly rubbing her thumb across Regina hip. The brunette shook her head against Emma's, knowing they can't ever be together. A single tear escaped Regina's eye, running down her cheek and onto her lip. "I'll make you a deal; if you don't kiss me, I won't ever try again"

Regina just stayed quiet. Emma slowly back the brunette up until she hit the wall behind her, gently pressing her up against it. Regina swallowed, took a large breath in and began to fight her temptation. Emma simply stepped back and smiled, showing her beautiful smile to the brunette.

"What are you smiling at" Regina asked with a chuckle, feeling infected by the smile.

"I just wanted to see yours, it's so beautiful after all" Emma replied with a small smile, moving a few strands behind the brunettes ear.

Regina looked down with a blush, playing those few words in her head. It had been too long since she heard Emma call her beautiful. The blonde stepped closer and leaned in, subconsciously being met half way by Regina.