Chapter 5: Learning to Work Together

Komaru notices his brother is in a bad mood.

Komaru: What's wrong Naka? Aren't you glad you graduated?

Nakaru: From their school? Why should I care if they consider me a ninja or not.

Komaru: Well... now that you're a ninja don't you get to go on missions and stuff?

Nakaru: ... Not yet Komaru. But, continue your studies. Hopefully things go more smoothly for you when you graduate.

Komaru: Is it because of the emblem they gave you?

        Komaru points to the teal cloth that's partially sticking out of his pocket. Nakaru takes it out to really look at it for the first time.

Komaru: It looks a lot like the colors of your eye of speed!

        Nakaru notices the mixture of blue and green upon this closer inspection. Now what Renako was saying about it being the Madra's emblem made sense to him.

Nakaru: I guess you're right. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

        Nakaru ties the cloth around his arm as is customary.

Komaru: Now you're a real ninja!

        Nakaru smirks and starts preparing dinner for them. Over the next week he helps his brother study for his exams and trains his eye of speed activation. By the time Komaru receives the results of his exams, Nakaru has almost mastered activating his eye of speed. Nakaru decides to train with Komaru now that he has finished his class for the season. By training with Komaru, he gets to train his eye of speed activation in a more realistic situation and he also gets to oversee his brother's development. By the end of this next week, Nakaru is able to activate his eye of speed as fast as he thinks Renako would expect. He finally leaves the walls and goes to the forest where he last saw Renako. As he is approaching the forest, Renako is simply sitting and reading a book, as if waiting for him.

Renako: Finally mastered it? Took you long enough.

Nakaru: I was busy helping my brother, he had his exams last week.

Renako: Last week. If I knew you were going to take this long I would have had you do miscellaneous work like the rest of your team. But they did their fair share of training, lets see who accomplished more.

        With that Orocho, Kurena, and Terenta emerge from the forest and go to attack Nakaru. Nakaru instantly activates his eye of speed and dodges the initial knives that were thrown at him. Orocho attacks him at close combat while Terenta and Kurena are preparing nintecs to use against him. Nakaru avoids Orocho and goes to stop Terenta and Kurena from executing their nintecs. He gets to Terenta and pulses his own satora into her hands which messes with her satora. This makes it so that she is unable to safely execute any nintecs. Before Nakaru makes it to Kurena to do the same, she executes her nintec. A fog begins to develop around them, making it difficult for them to see. However, Nakaru is able to see any slight and quick movements among the fog thanks to his eye of speed. He notices Orocho running towards him and trips him. He then grabs hold of his hands and after he pulses his satora, he has him pinned.

Nakaru: I have your teammate pinned. Cancel the fog.

        With that the fog begins to clear and Kurena and Terenta can be seen standing next to Renako.

Orocho: I thought you said he wouldn't be able to handle our ambush!

Terenta: Yea! And how about the satora block? You said we wouldn't have to worry about that either!

Renako: Sometimes things don't go according to plan. You have to be prepared for irregularities. But for a few weeks of team building, you three didn't do that bad. You can let Orocho up now Nakaru.