XXXVI. Vodka Shot

Start from the beginning

She struggled to escape her hold, but she felt drained for some reason.

"Where's Rebekah, Klaus?" Faith glared at him.

"Who blabbed?" Klaus countered back. "Remind me to kill them."

"Let her go, Faith," Tyler said, cautiously as he glanced between the siphoner and the werewolf.

Hayley weakly tried to move. "Who is this bitch?"

"This bitch can snap your neck if you keep moving, werewolf," Faith threatened before she looked at Klaus. "Where the bloody hell is Rebekah, Klaus?"

The hybrid's expression began to soften as he tried to get close to the siphoner. He tried to find her, but he couldn't find her anywhere in the small town. He even tried speaking to Damon if he knew, but the stud only mocked him. But he did tell him that he usually visits her daughter, but no one knows where she is. In the end, he left for Chicago without her.

"Don't you dare make that face," Faith glowered. "You don't get to make that face after you said that to me."

"Faith..." Klaus trailed off, feeling defeated.

They all froze as knocking came from the front door of the mansion. Tyler motioned for Faith to not kill the werewolf as he went to open the door. Caroline entered the mansion ready to display her acting after Hayley texted her about Klaus being there. She shoved the box into Tyler's arm, not noticing the hybrid's warning. "I brought your stuff. Old laptop, your jersey, the charm bracelet."

"Care, this isn't a good time," Tyler warned her as he glanced at Faith.

Noticing his glances, Caroline turned her attention to the side and finally noticed Faith holding Hayley in a headlock and on her knees. "Wait, are you breaking up?" Faith asked, confused.

"You're holding the girl who ruined their relationship, love," Klaus explained to her.

"Ugh," the siphoner pushed the werewolf away from her. She stepped over her before snatching the bottle of alcohol from Klaus' hand. "Let's talk elsewhere else."

"Good," Klaus smiled, cheekily at her which Faith glared at him. Not because she hated him, but because her heart pounded against her chest. Despite what he said to her, she still loves him. "I have something else to do elsewhere as well."

Tyler, Caroline, and Hayley watched as they walked out of the mansion before letting out sighs of relief.

• • • •

"What are we doing here?" Faith questioned the hybrid as she slammed the car door shut behind her. She scowled at Klaus as he raised a finger at her signaling to be quiet with his phone next to his ear. She didn't want to be near the hybrid but she wanted to see Rebekah. Faith knew Klaus wouldn't kill her, but he was...controlling when he wanted something.

"Well, I can't imagine why," Klaus said, sarcastically through the other line. "What with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future."

Faith looked at Klaus, curiously. What plans could he have with his hybrids? He couldn't make anymore since Elena is a vampire and Rebekah destroyed the remaining human doppelgänger blood.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan," Klaus spoke and glanced at Faith. He grabbed the siphoner by the hand when he noticed her trailing behind. He noticed how she stiffened before relaxing which made him smile. He hasn't completely lost her. "But let's accentuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five; we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?"

Faith focused on Klaus' conversation as she tried to figure out what the hell has happened since she left town.

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about," Klaus reassured as they crossed the road and onto the front yard of the Gilbert house. "But I am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?"