Just as I was about to grab onto the machine a hand grabbed my ankle and I was pulled back under the water. 

Just as he was about to get on the jet-ski I summoned a rope you would catch cattle with in a rodeo and managed to lasso him around his waist, dragging him backwards, while using him to propel myself towards the win. 

I summoned a weight that I attached to the end of the rope. It was just heavy enough to slow him down but not heavy enough to actually drown him. 

"NO!" He screamed in defeat as I hopped onto the jet-ski and rode it to victory.

"YES! HAHA! I WIN!" I exclaimed, jumping off the boat and back onto land, doing a mocking little victory dance. 

I wasn't always the most graceful winner...

He laughed as he watched my little dance, shaking his head in amusement. 

"You totally cheated." He laughed but I just shrugged and continued my little dance. 

It's not like I could deny it, I definitely cheated. 

"You're just mad because you're not as creative." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes. 

"What was I supposed to do? Throw you off the jet-ski with some thunder?" He raised an eyebrow and I shrugged again laughing. 

"You could have made it really loud and used it to distract me and get ahead." I said and he shook his head, letting out more chuckles. 

"Come on, lets go inside, I have another surprise." He said excitedly but I could sense a hint of nervousness from him. 

I nodded and followed him, laughing as he excitedly jogged up the wooden steps towards the cabin. 

He was so adorable and carefree right now, and I couldn't help but admire his beauty in the moonlight. It was then that it really sunk in for me. We could've been happy together on earth if it weren't for those damn stars. 

It really started to sink in that none of what happened on earth was the real him, he was just as much a victim as I was. They ruined his life like they ruined mine. He was forced to reject his mate and didn't even know how or why. 

When we walked up to the little cottage instead of going inside like I thought he grabbed my hand and led my to the back of the bungalow. 

There was a small wooden ladder leaning against the side and he gestured for me to climb it.

I looked at him suspiciously before giving in and cautiously making my way up. When I reached the top I couldn't help the gasp that left my lips. Amy breath caught and I stared back down at Jacob with an open mouth. 

He laughed, nervously rubbing his neck and I swear I saw a small blush tinting his cheeks. 

I stepped onto the small flat section of the roof of the cottage and was faced with a large blanket surrounded by tea light candles. Jacob walked forward and lit them all before gesturing for me to sit beside him. 

I slowly sat down my mouth still open in shock. 

 He chuckled again before reaching over behind a part of the roof I hadn't been able to see and pulled out a cute woven wooden basket. 

He smiled nervously agin before pulling out a large hoodie and I nearly gasped again as he handed it to me. I had completely forgotten I was only wearing my little bathing suit. 

"I figured you'd want something warm once we were done swimming so I brought you one of my sweaters. You don't have to wear it if you don't want to." He explained quickly and I couldn't help the small laugh that escaped my lips. 

"Thank you." I said sincerely and he smile widely and nodded before pulling out his own, followed by cookies, chocolate and bacon.

I looked at him with wide eyes again. 

"Ever since the whole... incident on earth I told myself if I ever, somehow, got another chance to win you back I'd do something special. I'm not very creative, this is mostly from a mixture of the internet and movies, but its the best I've got."

I couldn't help the large smile that wouldn't fall off my lips as tears blurred my vision a little. 

"Thank you Jacob. Really, thank you its so amazing I have no words." 

His face lit up and he nodded before lying down, popping a cookie into his mouth. 

I played down next to him, taking in the night sky. 

"So, I should explain this part. I sort of figured out how to manipulate clouds. I was thinking we block all of the stars from our view as a sort of 'fuck you assholes'. What do you think?" 

I laughed loudly, nodding my head. 

"Amazing." He said, rubbing his hands together before holding them out to the sky. 

Clouds appeared out of nowhere, blocking the shinning balls of gas from our view. 

"Much better." He sighed, putting his arms behind his head and I nodded. We fell into a comfortable silence as we stared into space. Without there stars there wasn't really much to look at but we didn't care. 

"Do you ever think about what our life could've been like if the stars hadn't interfered?" I asked quietly and I felt Jacob shuffle around a little next to me. 

"Every fucking day." He mumbled. 

I took a deep breath, feeling my stresses melt away at least temporarily as I scooted closer to Jacob and he slid an arm around my waist, tugging me to him. 

I leaned my head against his shoulder a little and listened to his deep breaths as we both let our minds wonder off. 

Somehow this was exactly what I needed. We could have a long conversation about everything that was going on and everything we had been through but we were just together, letting go of our stress and worries, leaving them away from whatever the hell this was. 

I knew as soon as we let all that in and our perfect little bubble was popped it wouldn't be the same but I just wasn't quite ready to do that yet. 

We laid there, deep in our thoughts, occasionally talking a little but mostly silent as the sun began to rise again. 

I smiled before turning to Jacob. I gave him one last peck on the cheek and thank you before disappearing into thin air and back to the cabin with Coeus. 

He smiled at me knowingly as I collapsed onto the couch in front of him and explained what happened. 

"I told you it wouldn't be that bad. You were just being a baby." 

I rolled my eyes but nodded. "Yeah, you were right. I was being a baby." 

"Please keep that thought in mind as I give you the following information." Coeus suddenly said and I turned to him, dread seeping into my body. 

"What?" 

"Fire wants to try taking you out again tonight. Apparently he's already ready." 

I groaned, throwing my head back. I wanted to spend time with the real fire and I had a feeling that wasn't what I was going to get this soon after he found out I lied to him. 

"He's not ready." I mumbled and Coeus nodded. 

"I know, but what can you do?" 

I hugged the couch cushion tightly. 

Absolutely nothing. If I refuse to go out with him he'd just get even angrier. There's nothing I can do.