"I didn't say that, Maeve."

"Then what are you saying. You don't want me to go. I get that. But dragons, Fred! Dragons! My dream, it's in my blood to work with magical creatures. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Why are you fighting me on this?"

"Because you'll leave! If following your dreams means leaving me, I won't support it. I'm sorry, I don't want you to go to Romania. It's a dumb job, you'll get hurt and for what? To train dragons for tournaments and talk to them!" He spat. "IT'S NOT A REALISTIC JOB MAEVE! You are way too smart to throw it all away to go and work at some lousy camp with some lousy beasts. You can stay here and talk to whatever beast you want to, you don't have to be a freak in another country." He regretted every word that just came out of his mouth. "Wait, Mae I didn't mean it. Babe." She was hurt, she couldn't even speak. She just looked at him in disbelief, hurt written all over her face.

He didn't believe in her, she never once doubted the boys on their dream. She loved that they wanted to open a joke shop, a joke shop they have been thinking of forever. But her dream, to finally work with magical creatures and use her gift for something great, He didn't support her.

"You know what, Fred. I never once doubted your joke shop. Even when people talk down to you two. I never. once. doubt. your dream. But I guess that is where we are different. I didn't think this day would come." She turned around and ran back to the castle. He tried running after her but George stopped him.

"Fred. I am so disappointed in you." He shook his head and walked back to the castle hoping to find Maeve.

"George.. I didn't.. I didn't mean it." He said. He was also disappointed in himself. He just hurt the one person he loved more than life.

____________

Mum,

I got in a fight with Fred today. It was pretty bad, he said some things that really hurt me. His brother offered me job at his camp in Romania to work with him and his dragons. I finally felt like I could use my gift for something good. I can actually help a creature. But Fred didn't like the idea, he didn't want me to go that far and I get it. I get that Romania is far, but the way he acted... In is frustration he called me a name, he called me a 'freak' mum... and then he called the dragons 'lousy beasts'. I really wish dad was here, I really want to talk to him. I know he'd know what to do. I'm very lost and I miss you.

Love always,

Maeve

________________

She finished her letter up and saw Julia walk into the common room.

"I heard about the row, you and Fred had." She sighed, taking a seat next to her. "I'm so sorry, Love."

"It came out of nowhere. And he called me a freak... I have never heard that word come out of his mouth before. Like people call me that all the time, but Fred? I didn't think that'd ever happen." Mae said, trying to hold in her tears. She was so hurt.

"I'm not taking his side, but he could of been heated and it just slipped. I'm not saying it was right but I don't think he meant it." Julia tucked a piece of Maes hair behind her ear.

"I know, maybe me and him just need a break. We clearly both have things to figure out, so it's probably best if we did it on our own."

"I just hope, this fight, doesn't talk you out of that job offer. If you decide you don't want to take it, I hope it's because you want to and not what he wants. This is your dream Mae, not Freds." She sighed, "Also George is camped outside, so maybe go see him. I'm gonna head to bed."

"Okay, good night."

Maeve got up and headed out the door, where she found a rather glum George.

"Maeve..." he looked up and saw her, "He was a git, I can't hide it. He fucked up big time and I'm also pissed at him. I'm not here to tell you to patch things up with him, I'm here to make sure you're okay. And also tell you to follow your dream. You pushed me and him to follow ours and if he won't, i'll double push. What ever you choose, I will support you."

"Thanks, Georgie." She gave him a half smile, "I am quite tired, so I think I'm gonna go."

"Yeah, yeah. No worries. But Mae."

"Yeah?"

"I know he regrets everything he said. I could see it in his face once he said it."

"I know." Her lip began to quiver, "I gotta go." Then she disappeared into the entrance.

When she walked in, she saw Fleet and Melvin playing chess.

"You alright Mae?" Melvin asked, when she turned to them she couldn't hide it anymore. She burst into tears.

"Maeve.." Fleet came up to her, and pulled her into his chest.

"I wish Ced was here." She cried.