Chapter 37

Professor Sprout told the puffs about the Yule Ball a few nights ago, while everyone was in the barrels. It was a tradition of the tournament, the ball would take place on Christmas and required formal attire. She figured she'd go with Fred, but she was afraid he wouldn't ask. Or she would assume they were going with each other, and then she was scared he'd end up asking someone else.

Julia and Maeve were doing homework in the Great Hall.

"Harry asked Cho." Maeve laughed.

"No way, what did she say?" Julia asked

"No, of course. Cedric asked Cho the minute we found out."

"I cant believe he asked her." Julia laughed.

"Who asked who?" Cedric sat down next the girls.

"No one."

"Well I asked Cho." Cedric beamed, "and she said yes."

"Go figure." Julia mocked, "you're bringing your girlfriend to the ball."

Maeve was laughing, she felt a bit of jealousy toward Cho. Not because she wanted to go with Cedric, but because she was asked by her boyfriend. Again Maeve didn't know what they were yet. He hadn't said anything, and she assumed that he just wanted to be friends. Boys confused her.

"Did he ask you yet?" Cedric looked up at Maeve who was clearly in the middle of a thought.

"What." She shook her head and looked at him

"Fred. Did he ask you?"

"Oh. Um no." she tried to hide the bumness in her voice.

A few days past and it seemed like everyone was being asked, or were already asked. There was only a week left till the ball, Julia was going with one of the Durmstrang boys, Ced was going with Cho of course, and Maeve was just waiting. She got asked by a few boys, a few Puffs, Gryffindors, and some Durmstrang boys. And a few Slytherins too. But she declined to all, because she was waiting for one boy to ask. The last boy to ask her, gave her a flower and she felt bad for saying no. He understood though, "He needs to ask you already then... Fred? I am only assuming you're waiting for him."

She laughed, "Yeah, maybe he asked someone else."

"Well he'd be stupid to." She smiled at his last comment and went to hand back the flower, "No, that's for you. If he doesn't ask you, I'll save a dance for you." She blushed and walked to the Great Hall.

Julia and Cedric were eating when the saw her, "she has a flower, maybe he asked her." Cedric said.

"No, look at her face, that's a "i feel bad I just declined another boy for Fred" face" Julia sighed.

She sat down next to them throwing the flower on the table.

"I don't think he's going to ask me." She leaned her head on her arm.

Cedric looked up to see the twins looking at her. "Im gonna go talk to Cho real fast, I'll be right back." He got up and headed to the Gryffindor table. Maeve's back was facing their table so she wouldn't see Cedric go up to the. Julia kept her distracted so she wouldn't turn around

Cedric walked over to the two.

"Did she get asked?" Fred looked up at a clearly annoyed Cedric.

"Yeah, I think that was the 8th proposal. Which means she has sad "No" 8 times, for you." He looked down at Fred, "Are you going to ask her, or did you ask someone else. Because it's getting really annoying see you play with her feelings. We all know you're in love with each other. Either make it official or stop playing with her." He walked away, heading back to the girls. He sees Maeve as his sister, and he would do anything for her. Like protect her from dumb boys.

"He's not wrong Fred. You kind of have been leading her on." George looked up from his plate.

"I know." He sighed, "I'll be right back." He walked over to Maeve.

"Hey Maeve." He smiled at her, she turned around with the happiest smile.

"Hi, love." She beamed.

"Walk with me?" He reached for her hand, and she happily accepted.

The two were walking around until they made their way up to the astronomy tower.

"Look Maeve," Fred started "I.."

"Are you ending this? What ever we are..." She looked crushed.

"What! No! Not at all." He rubbed the back of his neck, "I know I'm always joking around and not always serious. But I wanted you to know that I'm really serious about you. I really do love you." She blushed, he grabbed her hands in his. "I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend."

She had the goofiest smile. "Does that mean I get to go to the ball with you."

"Wait what?" He was confused.

She laughed, "I mean of course I want to be your girlfriend." She giggled, "I've wanted that since first year."

"Oh good." He blushed

"But does that mean I get to go to the ball with Fred Weasley." She smiled

"Obviously" he laughed.

"Wicked." She smirked, "I was starting to think you asked someone else."

"There wouldn't be anyone I would want to go with, that wasn't you." He said, "it would be boring with anyone else."

She engulfed him in a hug. "Now that I'm your girlfriend, you are most definitely not allowed to kiss anyone else."

"Oh, I don't plan on that at all." He said as he grabbed her face in his hands and lost himself in her kiss.

"I love you, Fred." She looked into his eyes, she saw her forever in it. She knew she wouldn't live in a world without him by her side. They were destined eternally.

"I love you Maeve."