Chapter 48

On her way back to the barrels, she overheard someone Gryffindors complaining about Harry and all the things written in Prophet. She knew that their common room was going to be rough. What she didn't expect, was the feeling she felt when she walked through the port for the first time. Her and Julia just stood there, right in the entrance, staring at the couch. Melvin and Fleet watch from a distance, waiting for what's to happen yet. Crying, screaming or just running to their dorms. But they just stood there, hand in hand. Eventually Julia made the first move and they went and sat on the couch. The air was still, no one seemed to want to say a thing. They weren't sitting on the couch like they usually did, relaxed and intertwined with another. But they just sat there up straight staring at the fireplace.

Maeve slowly closed her eyes and thought of him. She didn't cry, but a smile formed on her face. Melvin and Fleet were able to breathe again. The barrels were quiet that night, but still full of love, that was always there.

The next morning, Maeve walked into the great hall and met up with the boys.

"Anyways Hermione, it's a nightmare of a year." George said

"What is?" Maeve asked as she sat down, placing a kiss on Freds cheek, he didn't realize she had come in. He sent her a smile pulling her into his side by her waist, resting his arm around her.

"Fifth year. O.W.L.S, what a nightmare." George sighed

"For you maybe. I enjoyed them." She smiled taking the piece of toast Fred had just put on her plate.

"Yeah, don't know why I said anything to you. She got all Os on hers." George rolled his eyes.

"I can help you study, Hermione." She smiled

"Really? You would do that."

"Yeah of course."

She smiled and went on talking to the boys. She told them her and Julia sat on their couch last night. She told them she think that was her next step to accepting it. Maeve looked down at her turntable and rolled her eyes.

"Well, looks like we have that Umbridge lady first, so we'll let you three know how it goes." She got up shaking the crumbs off her trousers. Fred picked up her books and then grabbed her hand as they walked out of the Great Hall. She didn't know this, but there was one person watching her the whole breakfast, guilty eyes burned the back of her neck.

Maeve sat next to Fred in the DADA, the two were facing each other holding hands and laughing at one another as they looked at each other. She heard, George and Lee making gagging noises behind them, she went to turn to them when her eyes saw the pink troll walk in "Merlin.." She muttered under her breath as the trolls eyes landed on her.

"Good morning, children." She greeted them as she waddled up to the front of the room. The room was silent. "Tut. Tut. That wouldn't do, will it." She smiled, which as unpleasant, more unpleasant that Filch's smile. "i would like you all to reply, 'Good morning professor'. One more time. Good morning class."

"Good morning, Professor Umbridge." Some students muttered back.

Maeve rolled her eyes, and heard George behind her, "More like good morning professor Umbitch." She couldn't hide her laugh which causes the troll to look at her.

"Miss Scamander, am I right?" She smiled, evilly

"Yes ma'am." She smiled back

"Please stand." She walked a bit closer to her, "You are Head Girl if I'm correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Not Head Boy, then?" Maeve furrowed her brows

"No ma'am?"