Chapter 41

The third and final task came a week later. It was early in the morning when Maeve woke up, she was having a hard time sleeping. She was like this before every task, she was just worried about Ced. She decided to get up and head to the common room, when she made it down the stairs she found Cedric sitting in front of fireplace lost in thought.

"Can't sleep?" She asked as she sat next to him.

"Bit nervous, what if I lose?" He looked over at her.

"Then we'll run away, change our names and flee the country." She laughed, his lip curled into a small smile. "If you lose, you lose. At the end of the day, I'll still be your number one fan. And I don't think you'll lose."

"Thanks, Maeve." He leaned his head on her shoulder, "Dad should be arriving to campus soon, he's gonna be at the last task."

"Good, maybe he'll cheer louder than me."

"I doubt that." Cedric chuckled but there was still a sense of uncertainty in it.

"You're going to fine Cedric. I will be waiting on the other side, you'll win." Julia came down the stairs, "What are you two doing up this early, Cedric you need to be sleeping." She sat on the other side of him.

"He thinks he going to lose." Maeve informed Julia

"No he's not." Julia said, "He can't, we need to use that money to go on a trip." She laughed

Cedric laughed, "Okay if I win..."

"When." The girls said in unison.

"We need to stop hanging out with the Twins," he laughed, "When I win, we'll go away for the summer. Just the three of us." He pulled the two into his sides, "somewhere warm."

"And if you do lose, we'll just run away." Julia mumbled

"That's what I said!" Maeve laughed, Cedric rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I'm gonna go sleep. I'll see you at the maze." Cedric got up and headed to the boys dorms.

Maeve and Julia scooted over to each other and leaned into each other.

"He'll be okay." Julia sighed

"He has to be, he's our Cedric. We can't be the Badger Trio without our third."

When the girls made it to the stadium, they saw Cedric in the middle.

"Cedric!" The girls ran to Cedric almost toppling over.

"Merlin, don't break me before the task." He choked as the girls squeeze him in a hug.

"Sorry." They let go.

"I'll meet you guys right back here," he drew an "X" in the dirt where they were standing. "now go to the stands and keep my dad company. He's more nervous than you two, which I didn't think was possible." He told the girls, Julia headed up to sit with Mr. Diggory and Mr. Weasley. Maeve stayed and looked up at Cedric.

"Maeve I'm going to be okay." He grabbed her shoulders.

"I know, but I always worry about you." She smiled up at him

"I know. I love you Maeve, you're my best friend."

"I know." She smiled, he nudged her shoulder, "I'm kidding. I love you too. Best friends forever." She stuck out her pinky, he grabbed it with his. She then engulfed him in a hug.

"I'm alright, now go comfort my dad."

"Okay, I'm going. Im going." She headed up Amos.