My cheeks warmed as the alcohol seeped into my system. The airy feeling in my brain helped to keep the embarrassment at bay every time I had to drink. Archer and I had been exploring each other's interests and limits for a few months now, but this game made me realize how much I hadn't done.

"Never have I ever had sex in public."

"Never have I ever used toys in bed."

"Never have I ever used handcuffs during sex." 

    Frustration rose inside of me every time it was Teela's turn. She made a big show of looking around the circle as though she held everyone's secrets, then she'd simper at Archer before saying something she'd never done. I couldn't help but notice that he rarely had to take drinks. It didn't bother me that Archer had a sexual past. I believed him when he said he would have waited for me if he'd known. I could never have predicted where life would take us, how was it fair to expect more from him?

    What did bother me was that Teela seemed to be targeting him. Whether she wanted to make him look bad, or upset me, it was riling me up. The alcohol warming my veins made me want to snap at her but I tried to resist and have fun.

    "I've never had sex," Madeline said bashfully from behind her cup. Cole smiled at her with slightly rosy cheeks and I physically had to stop myself from flipping out. I turned around so only Archer could see my face and crumpled into a silent, "Awwww!" Archer shook his head with a small smile and squeezed my thigh.

    "Well, at least we finally found something Charlotte's done!" Teela giggled from behind me. "I was starting to feel sorry for you Arch."

    Archer and I both tensed and I pleaded with my eyes for him to calm down. I turned around slowly and saw several apprehensive faces. Holly seemed to recover the fastest as she shot a glare at Teela.

    "What the fuck? Maybe you should slow down on the tequila, girl."

    James leaned forward and gave Teela a disgusted look. "I don't think it's the alcohol making her shitty."

    "Oh come on! I was just kidding!" Teela laughed. "I think it's adorable how innocent you are, Charlotte. It's just a little crazy that Archer Johnson of all people would be satisfied with vanilla."

    "Thank you so much for your concern," I smiled sweetly at her before anyone else could defend me. "I can assure you my boyfriend is happier now than he's ever been."

    "Damn fucking straight." Archer sat forward and wrapped his arms tightly around my stomach as he dropped his chin on my shoulder.

    Teela's face froze with her fake toothy smile, but her eyes were cold and locked on me. "Happy to hear it. I really hope it lasts too. The player I used to know was anything but vanilla. In fact, I think it's my turn guys! I've never had a threesome." Her lips puckered into a bashful grimace as she giggled, "Whoops! Never mind I forgot... thank God we don't have to drink, Archer."

    It was so quiet, we would have all jumped at a pin dropping. The vibrations of music inside pulsed through the silence, adding more suspense to the air. Everyone stared at Archer and me to see how we would respond. Anger ripped through me when Archer stayed quiet. Whether it was from shame, embarrassment, or shock, I didn't care.

    I hopped off his lap and smiled brightly at Teela. Her perfect grin finally faltered as she clearly wasn't expecting that.

    "Okay, Teela! Go for it!" I said encouragingly as I brandished my arms towards Archer. "Come on, do your thing! Kiss him, pour your heart out, whatever."

    Teela scrunched up her face at me as though I was crazy and looked around the group for answers.

    "What?" I continued. "Isn't this what you want? I mean, you obviously can't seem to let go of your infatuation with Archer. So shoot your shot, girl. I am a sucker for unrequited love and trust me—I know how painful it can be to pine after him. C'mon, give it your best try. Steal him away, you seemed confident you could do it."