An Audience with the Queen

The audience room of the queen quietly awaited her arrival, citizens who had watched the events unfold made their way to the side rows of chairs to listen to what the mysterious dark cloaked figure speak with the queen.

As Aurelius saw the gathering of people increase, he whispered into Valen's ear.

"Why are so many people here?" He asked.

Whispering back to Aurelius, Valen gestured to the throne.

"The queen isn't one to accept all requests of an audience with her, ever since King Amadeus left ten years ago, she has been more reclusive," Valen replied.

"King Amadeus, what happened to him?" Aurelius asked quietly.

"The events that unfolded are not common knowledge for average citizens, however, what I can tell you, is that he sensed a great evil in Diremere, when he left, seven days later the weapon you wield was found near the archway linking to Diremere. The guardians retrieved it and returned here where we have guarded it ever since. We have sent many people into Diremere to search for the king yet none have returned." Valen replied, his face filled with sadness.

A reclusive queen, a lost king, and guardians that protect a corrupted weapon I now wield... maybe I should give this thing back, sounds like a whole lot of drama!

Aurelius thought to himself, playing tug of war with his mind, keep the weapon and potentially be dragged in the future to play saviour or guardian... or give it back and be done with the whole thing.

While he thought on this for a while, he did not notice the gathering of people all rise, the guardians next to him kneeling in respect and the whole room become quiet around him.

A small jab to his leg woke him from his contemplation, the first thing he notice was two people who now stood in front of the thrones, they looked at him with curiosity and slight annoyance.

One was a young girl that seemed around his age, the other was a woman that took his breath away, her very being seemed to proclaim to the world that her beauty met no match.

Light green skin that was covered by a white flowing dress, hair a deep hazel brown that trailed down to bosom, slowly dancing in the air as though blown by an ever-present soft breeze. The tips of her hair went from deep hazel to blend into a bright white, sparkling every moment they blew into a strand of light.

Her eyes glowed a soft green that portrayed a feeling of looking at a goddess.

The girl next to her had a mixture of hazel and gold hair, although not as long nor did it dance like the other woman, her cute features made sure that she wasn't left too far behind in looks.

As Aurelius was lost in the older woman eyes, another punch could be felt on his leg.

Again breaking from his thoughts, he looked down to see Zain glaring at him.

"Kneel! Her Majesty has arrived!" He spoke sharply yet quietly to Aurelius.

Fuck!

Droppin to his knee, he held the scythe in his opposite hand, resting it on the floor, he lowered his eyes and waited for the queen.

Chuckling to themselves, the woman and girl sat down in their chairs and gestured everyone to rest. 

Returning to their feet, Aurelius and the two guardians waited to be addressed.

"Guardian Valen, Guardian Zain, why have you requested an audience?" The queen asked.

Gesturing to Aurelius, Valen replied.