Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Grayson POV

It was getting closer to the day of the ball. I was currently in my room with the royal tailor sorting my tux for the ball. It was a black tux with gold trimming, a black shirt and gold tie and waistcoat. This outfit screamed royalty. I scrub up good if I do say so myself.

 As I was getting fitted, there was a knock on the door

"Oh Your Majesty." Came the not so seductive voice of the party planner Carla.

I rolled my eyes before looking her way.

"What do you want." I said.

"I just thought I would update you on how things are going with the preparation for the ball." She replied walking further into my room uninvited.

I stared at her like she was crazy...well she is...

"We can talk in my office. As you can see, I'm a little bit preoccupied at the moment." I looked at her stating the obvious.

"Oh! Of course, I'll see you in your office in lets say 10 minutes?"

"Yes, that's fine, now if you'll excuse me..."

"Ok! It's a date" she replied winking at me.

"Not quite." I said almost glaring at her.

She looked at me shocked before looking down and leaving my room.

10 minutes later, I headed for my office and lo and behold! Carla was already there. I closed the door behind me which resulted in it being a huge mistake. She took it as an invitation to put her hands all over me and even having the audacity to try and kiss me!

"On what planet do you think I am interested in you? You are not my mate so there will never be anything going on between us!" I told her, backing up and putting her at arms length.

"I...I thought when you asked me to meet you at your office...Oh my Goddess! I'm so embarrassed!" She replied putting her head in her hands.

At this point, I felt extremely uncomfortable and didn't know what to do.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Saved by the knock!

"Come in!"

One of the servants entered, looking straight at me and then to the floor.

"Apologies for interrupting Your Majesty, but we need Miss Carla downstairs to check the decorations and the centrepieces." Came the timid voice.

Carla headed straight for the door without looking at me and shut the door behind her.

I headed for my desk and sat down exhausted. I think I might have to employ a new party planner if this carries on. It's getting WAY too embarrassing and irritating now.

I hear my door open and in walked my Beta Xander.

"Good meeting with Carla?" he said with a smug look on his face.

I looked towards him and gave him a look which said I-really-want-to-punch-you-now.

Xander looked towards me holding his hands up.

"OK, OK, I get the message, no talk about the crazy she wolf obsessed with you."

"Thank you. Care for a drink?"

"afternoon drink? Love to!"

Another chapter up as it is my half day at work today. I know it is short so will update again on Friday.

Any feedback is most welcome!

Question for my readers: I've been approached by another site (webnovel) wondering if I am willing to put my story on their site.  I will still be able to keep the story up on here but it will also be available on there as well. Is it worth doing?

Next update will be Friday.

Until next time folks!