Chapter 12

- The Little Dreamer -

"So are you going?" She asks me.

"I don't want to. Because then I'll have to meet her."

"So?" Xana asks sipping her Chai Tea right after.

"Show her how bad ass and amazing you are." She continues.

"You're the one who's bad ass." I say, "and she sounds beautiful, tall, smart, and is everything I'm not. Therefore she's the amazing one, not me."

"When has that been a bad thing? You are amazing just being you, no matter what." She says.

"Thanks Xana." I say.

"So what time does he want you over there?" She asks.

"5:30. Don't you think it'll be awkward with just the three of us?" I ask.

"Nah. Er well maybe."

I sip my drink.

It's a coffee chocolate chip mocha frappechino. It's the only thing I like, but I sometimes hate ordering it because I feel like it makes me look overly girly.

Luckily since I come here so often, I've gotten to know Cody, one of the baristas, who is nice enough to put my drink in a tall mug even though I still need to use a straw, but it looks less awkward.

Cody comes over to our table.

He pulls out a chair and sits in it backwards leaning on the back of the chair.

"So what's crack-a-lackin girls?" He asks.

He moved his chair closer to Xana before he sat down. I don't know how she doesn't notice it, but he likes her.

"Luna has a complicated evening ahead of her." Xana says to him.

"Ugh don't remind me." I groan.

Cody is pretty handsome too. His tan skin is now fading as the season grows into winter. He has bright golden blonde hair and blue eyes. He's like the guy girls read about in books. The best thing is that he cares about others and is an all around great guy. He has my approval.

Xana explains the situation to him and asks him his opinion on the matter.

"I think you should go." He says.

"See?" Xana says.

"Because you don't want to look like you're blatantly tying to avoid her. He'll know something's up then."

"Ugh." I say, "Guess I have no choice."

"And while you're doing that we will be having fun bowling." Cody says turning to Xana smiling.

My eyes grow wide. "Really now?"

"Well I have to get back to work. I'll talk to you ladies later." He says returning to the counter.

"And when were you going to tell me?" I scoff.

"He just asked me yesterday. We're only going as friends. He doesn't even like me." She says.

I laugh, "You are soo dense."

"What?" She says playfully hitting my arm.

We laugh and from it I become more relaxed.

I can do this. Right?