"Bruce Wayne? You signed me up to be on a dating show with Gotham's most eligible bachelor?"

"you haven't even heard the best part!" Stephanie said eagerly, "you're gonna stay in Wayne manor for the entire season!"

"Nobody said I was gonna do this! The last thing I need is any sort of paparazzi following me around because of some stupid dating show,"

"But, you don't even know if you'd like it or not, will you please do it? for me?" Stephanie whined, "I know how much you like Bruce Wayne, plus if you win you'd never have to work again, and you could live in Wayne manor, not a bad deal if I do say so myself"

"As awful as those morals are, being able to kick back in Wayne manor even if it's just for a couple weeks does sound pretty nice,"

"So you'll do it?" she asked,

"I'm not sure yet, why don't you come over to my apartment, we can talk about it more over dinner,"

"Oooh, a date! Rest assured, Stephanie Brown will be right over!" Stephanie said before hanging up.

You let out a sigh and begin tidying up your apartment. Stephanie was right, you are a big fan of Bruce Wayne but you weren't sure that meeting him in a dating show was the right thing to do, then again it's not like you'd be going to a Wayne gala any time soon. This would probably be your only opportunity to have a chance at romancing Bruce Wayne. What could go wrong?

As you were deep in thought it occurs to you that you neglected to open the ring box, there's probably more information in there. You returned to the kitchen and opened the little box on the counter. As one might expect there was a ring inside the box, It was a nice ring too. It was black with a heart-shaped ruby in the middle, it looked expensive but you'd expect no less from a Wayne, assuming he had any hand in this. You slid the ring onto your finger and it fit perfectly, Stephanie must've sent in your ring size.

You continued to investigate the box, searching for more information. Eventually, you found a small note, it had a number that you needed to contact to confirm your entry into the show. You searched the box a bit more but there wasn't much else there.

You were admiring the ring on your finger when Stephanie arrived, she didn't bother knocking and just used the spare key to open the door. She was freakishly silent as she walked up behind you, "Boo!"

"What the hell!" you yelled

"What?" Stephanie asked innocently,

"I still don't understand how I never hear you coming,"

"I'm just quiet," She said sitting next to you at the kitchen counter. "oooh, is this your acceptance gift?"

"Yeah, they gave me a ring," you say showing her the ring, "never heard of a game show giving contestants acceptance gifts though, I could easily decline and pawn this thing off,"

"you could," she said, "but then you wouldn't be able to meet Bruce Wayne,"

"I guess there's that," you say admiring the ring some more, "I think I might join, just for the hell of it"

"Really?" Stephanie asked, trying to hide how excited she was,

"Yeah, I mean what's the worst that could happen? Bruce Wayne rejects me? I think I could deal."

"Yay!!" Stephanie cheered, "I'll take us out to dinner in celebration, but first you've gotta confirm that you wanna be on the show, don't you have to sign a waiver or go into an interview or something?"

The one (Bruce Wayne X reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें