Chapter 14

~back on the field~

furuya back on the mound to pitch

"pitch to contact,furuya!"

"we've got your back furuya"

"remember this, furuya! there are two hungry wolves in the bullpen!"sawamura shouted from the bullpen but furuya ignored him furuya remembered what shihara said to him

'furuya somehow seeing that intense resolution in your eyes, i feel like you already know the word responsibility from the no# on your back, your starting to pitch like i expected you to be ,a true ace that everyone awknowledges but don't push yourself too hard look around you when you're in the mound we have a fielder's that defending like their life depends on it, you have a battery mate that will be with you until the end. you're starting to get passed my expectations believe in yourself and to what you can do, play for the team and put your faith on them because no matter what happen they will be the one to help you until the end.'

suddenly furuya's heart started to race and his eyes shows more intense resolution her words couldn't removed in his heart and mind her blue eyes staring at him while saying those words.

'furuya didn't ask to keep pitching he said it like no one else could do the job. furuya is standing on the mound today with a different mindset. he's playing like a true ace. i think shihara's words reached him, well she's also good at persuading' miyuki thought while looking at furuya.

"it's top of the sixth with two outs and runners on first and third. seiko is looking to strike back their next batter is their cleanup,Nagata!."

nagata hits and the third-base runner scores! seiko takes a run, the next batter hit the ball but kuramochi quickly get the ball and throw to 1st base retiring seiko's side.

seido's up to bat and asou is the next batter but got out by the fielder.

"ogawa hasn't given any runs since the second inning either seido goes down three for three again!"

"seiko's Nishijima and Ogawa hit back-to-back doubles, now they're two runs behind!"

"furuya's fastballs are getting hit so easily!, maybe he reached his limit."manager ota told the coach the seido players in the field looked shocked when they saw furuya look around facing them while placing his fist on his chest.

Furuya remembered the words she said those words give him the courage to continue playing with the team.

'did he just look at us... to calm himself down?' kuramochi thought while looking at furuya

'furuya...you...you're way past your limit.'miyuki thought while looking at furuya

"seiko can hit furuya's pitch with ease don't try to take them out by force pitch to the corners. i want to see the pitching you showed against Oya." coach kataoka said to sawamura

'i think nori wil be better with that kind of line up, but sawamura will learn in this game' shihara thought while looking at the field. seiko pops up to left field for their second out.

"furuya is pitching tenaciously even after conceding a run.can he pull through? seiko's two runs behind at the top of seventh with two outs and a runner on second. their next batter is their leadoff man, Shinichiro Masu!."

"we've got your back"

"focus on the batter!"

"two outs" the fielders called to furuya

'the coach gave furuya one condition to keep playing he must not selfishly walk a batter his fastballs are getting hit, and he's given up some runs he's pitching way past his limit even so...even so, he's still..' miyuki thought while readying his mitt.