Where to buy them

I apologize to any non-American readers, as I do not know where you can find materials outside of America.
The best two things I can suggest are,
Look up: Craft/hobby shops in region/city
Or ask online on Reddit, Quora, or Answers.com. "Where can I find material in region/city?"
You're bound to find something, if not, perhaps you can order the materials online.
Beware, however, as some online retailers and shops will not ship internationally.
In America, you can go to (or order online) from:
Hobby Lobby
Walmart (Tools and some materials)
Michael's
Joann Fabrics
Or any other local hobby store around you.
Some online retailers:
Fabric.com
Fursuitsupplies.com (specifically for fursuit makers or fursuits, highly recommend)
Amazon.com (tools and some materials)
Here's a video on buying fur for more information.

Quality fur is expensive, with fur, I think it's usually a "you get what you pay for" type of situation.
Likewise, cheap fur is going to be cheaply made, so there's the chance of it looking cheap and feeling cheap. It may also feel scratchy on the backing (the other side of the fabric without fur) and shed when you brush it or shed on its own.
If you look closely at fur, you may see backing through the fibers. This is a sign of cheap fur.
Feel the backing, if it's scratchy then it may also be cheap fur.
This isn't to say all cheap fur is bad quality and you shouldn't use it. It's just better if you do use better fur. If you were building a fursuit for someone else (and maybe you are) you wouldn't want complaints that the fur was falling out or that their skin was irritated by wearing it.
Same for running a fursuit making business.