Love Spell

After curfew, the villains kids snuck down to the kitchen to make cookies for the love spell.

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal says as she reads the spell book. Elena is standing beside her with Evie on the other side while boys sat on the other counter.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos says as if solves everything.

"No. It Says that we need one tear of human sadness." Elena tells him while Mal nods in agreement.

"And this love potion gets the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly." Mal says wanting this to work.

"A tear's a tear." Jay says.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie explains making Elena look at her impressed.

"Listen to you." Elena says making Evie smile.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay says as if he didn't mess up.

"Did not." Carlos argues.

"Yeah, I did." Jay says to him quickly.

"There you are, Mal!" Lonnie says as she rushes in the room making Mal quickly cover the book with a napkin. "I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

"Nothing special. Just cookies." Elena answers her with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh, no, no!" They all say as she dips her finger in the cookie dough.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip." Lonnie says as she eats the cookie dough.

"Feel anything?" Evie asks her.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal adds.

"Hey there." Jay says charmingly as he walks in front of Lonnie.

"It could use some chips." Lonnie answers as she walks away from Jay making Elena lightly giggle at Jay's defeated look. Jay sends Elena a glare before sitting on the counter again. She can get a girl quicker than him.

"And those are?" Elena asks relieved that nothing happened to Lonnie.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group." Lonnie answers as she walks over to them with a bowl that has small pieces of chocolate in it. "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" Lonnie adds some chips to the dough but they all look at her in shock from what she is saying. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big ol' glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." The shock turns into sadness quickly. "why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from." Elena tells Lonnie as she rubs her arm while looking down.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids." Lonnie says making them all look down sadly. "Oh... How awful." Lonnie grabs Elena's hand before a tear starts to roll down her face.

"Yeah, well, big bummer." Mal says as she swipes the tear into the cookie dough. "but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal pushes Lonnie out the door as Elena mixes the dough.

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet." Mal says. "Evie oven." They get the cookies baked before going to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Mal and Elena follow Ben and Audrey onto the balcony where the lockers are.

"Look, it's Mal and Elena! Hi, Mal and Elena! Love my hair, Mal!" The girls below the balcony call as they see the girls from above them. Jay then walks up to Mal and Elena who are at their lockers.

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know." Jay says with a dreamy smile. Elena would never admit it but she feels the exact same. She also was starting to fall for someone. Audrey.

"Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!" Mal says before she snaps in his face.

"Thanks, Mal. I needed that." Jay says before walking over to the balcony. Elena starts going through her locker while she listens to Jay, Ben, and Audrey.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Audrey asks Ben.

"Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?" Jay asks the girls from below him. "Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal."

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey explains making Elena roll her eyes.

"What's the harm?" Ben asks her.

"It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" Audrey explains making Elena roll her eyes once again.

"Listen Audrey...." Ben tries.

"I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?" Audrey says. "Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey gives Ben an air kiss before she walks away. Mal grabs the cookie out of her locker as Elena closes her locker and goes over to Jay.

"Hey, Bennyboo!" Mal says sarcastically as she closes her locker and faces him.

"Hey." Ben says with a smile as he walks over her.

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?" Mal asks him with a smile as she holds up the bagged cookie.

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time." Ben says trying to walk away.

"No, yeah. I completely understand." Mal says making him stop. "Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

"No, no, no." Ben tries.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." Mal says.

"No, that's not it. No, no, no, I... I really do..." Ben tries to fix the conversation.

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart." Mal says with a smile before taking the cookie out of the bag. "Oh, well, more for me, I guess."

"No, no. Hey..." Ben says as Mal goes to take the bite of the cookie but he takes it away from her and takes a bite. "see that? Totally trust you. Totally." Mal smiles before glancing at the other VKs, who start to make their way over.

"How are they?" Mal asks.

"They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're, uh... I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they... is that walnuts?" Ben says with a few chuckles and Mal nods. "I love walnuts. I mean, uh, you know, the... The chocolate... The... the chocolate... The chocolate chips are... I'm sorry. Um... Uh, they're... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet... Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" Ben goes to take another bite but Mal takes the cookie back before putting it back in the bag and handing it to Elena.

"How you feeling, bro?" Jay ask Ben as he grabs his shoulders.

"I feel... I feel... I feel like... Like singing your name. Mal! Mal!" Ben says before he tries to start singing but Mal quickly covers his mouth. Jay then quickly drags him to the game. Elena looks at the bag with the cookie amazed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoped you all like this chapter! More chapters are coming soon. I also will be having a chapter where Elena and Audrey confront each other about their feelings towards one another. Anyways have a wonderful day everyone!

-Mary💜