𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ; 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER VIII

CHAPTER VIII ―

I'M ALRIGHT

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, and when she had woken up, the young Sommers girl was utterly confused. She couldn't remember a thing from Friday or what had happened.

The first face she'd seen when she woke up was her mom, of course. Jenna had nearly burst into tears when she'd heard her daughter say her name, voice hoarse from the lack of water. She had instantly burst into action, giving her daughter water and darn near squeezing the life out of her daughter. Brooke had laughed a little when her mom had threatened her that if she'd ever do something like that again, there would be some consequences.

They had taken the whole morning to talk and watch horrible soaps that could only be watched at a Hospital, until Jenna had called Elena and Jeremy, announcing that Brooke was alright and was ready for visitors. It was just shy of fifteen minutes later when her cousins had burst into the room. Whilst Elena had hugged her and made sure she was okay, even helping her brush her hair... Jeremy had burst into tears and wept into the young Sommer girls shoulder.

"Jeremy, it's alright. I'm alright," Brooke had whispered to the youngest Gilbert, gently rubbing his back. She could feel his sobs getting harder, even though he was trying to hide it. "Shh..."

Elena and Jenna had left the room when Jeremy broke down, letting the two cousins just be with each other. Jenna had known that Jeremy was attached to her daughter, thinking of her as the big sister he'd always wanted. Not that Elena was a bad big sister, but there was a special bond between the two cousins. There always had been.

To say the least, the entire Gilbert and Sommers family had stayed with Brooke, chatting and talking idly, helping the young strawberry blonde catch up on everything she'd missed in two days. It was until Stefan had slowly entered the room, peeking his head in first with a boutique of flowers. "I hope I'm not interrupting." There was a charming smile on his face. Brooke melted.

"And that's our cue," Elena chuckled, standing up and beginning to grab her things.

Jenna smiled as she beckoned Stefan in, grabbing her own things with Jeremy in tow. "Now, you two," she stared the couple down. "I don't want any funny business in this hospital room."