𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 ; 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘

CHAPTER I ―

HELL HATH NO FURY!

HELL HATH NO FURY!

"𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐏," a young man, Darren Malloy, complained to his girlfriend as he let out a scoff of disbelief. "You know, it wasn't even a band. Just a guy with a guitar. An hour - each way."

Brooke Fenton, the blonde-haired girl sat next to him in the passenger seat, rolled her eyes, but she couldn't stop the small smile that spread across her pretty features. "Oh, come on!" She chided, slapping him playfully on the shoulder. "He wasn't that bad."

"He sounded like James Blunt," Darren retorted, a look of distaste on his face.

The young lady crossed her arms, feigning offense. "And what's wrong with that?" Brooke questioned, raising a brow.

"We already have a James Blunt," Darren explained. "Trust me when I say that one is all we need."

Brooke adverted her gaze from him to the window next to her, looking out to the dark scenery going past them. "Then why did you come?" She muttered. "What was the point in going if you were just going to complain?"

"You really wanna know why?" Darren turned his head towards his girlfriend, glancing at the road out of the corner of his eye, keeping a steady hand on the steering wheel. "I came to that stupid concert because I love you."

Brooke narrowed her eyes, but smiles nonetheless. "Hmm, nice save."

All of a sudden, a cloud of mist began to roll by, growing thicker and thicker with each passing minute, shrouding the car's view. Watching as the white vapor swirled around the vehicle, Brooke couldn't help but frown. "What's with all the fog?" She mumbled, confused.

Darren looked back in front of him, squinting at the clouded view he was now seeing. "I don't know..." he flipped the knob on the lever for the windshield wipers. "But it'll probably clear in a minute or two, don't worry."

The blonde's eyes widened at the sight of a silhouette in the midst of the fog in front fo the car. "Watch out!" Brooke shouted, pointing to the silhouette.

At the sound of Brooke's yell, Darren slammed on the breaks, just not fast enough to stop the man in the road from colliding with the front of the vehicle and his body from tumbling over the hood and onto the pavement behind them.