Prologue

***A quick note, in this story to make the story line fit better, Regulus will be one year older than Sirius. I know Sirius is supposed to be older but this will have made Regulus the next Lord Black and that Lordship will pass onto his son, instead of Sirius.***

The day Rosé Malfoy was killed was tragic. Every paper all across Britain and France reported her death, writing articles about what an outstanding witch she had been, and how they wondered how someone was able to kill such a powerful witch. Many speculations were made, but most knew the truth. She had been murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Malfoy's were furious, they had been loyal followers of the Dark Lord for years, and he still dared to kill a Malfoy, a respected pureblooded witch. While the family had not been as close to Rose in the past year after her husband Regulus's death, that did not mean they hadn't cared for her, the family was all taking her death hard, especially Lucius, who had even been having murderous thoughts towards the Dark Lord for taking his little sister away from him.

Early that morning while at breakfast Abraxas Malfoy, was reading the Daily Prophet, making sure there were no unfavourable articles about his daughters' passing when he reached an article that stopped him in his tracks.

Rosé Malfoy Tragically Murdered

Rosé Malfoy was murdered late in the night on May 13, 1981, at the Malfoy Manor she had been staying at in France. While the true circumstances of her death are unknown, many believe it was the Dark Lord Voldemort's doing. While outside the manor reporter Rita Skeeter was able to learn through a slip made by the French Ministry workers, that Rosé Malfoy was survived by her 1 year old son, Leonis Regulus Black. There is no doubt that one year old Leonis Black, is the son of Rosé Malfoy's late husband, Regulus Arcturus Black. Further questioning revealed that the French Ministry was planning to bring the young child to his relatives in England. It wasn't made clear whether that would be the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black or the Noble and Most Ancient House of Malfoy, but it is suspected to be the Black's, since after all the boy is the newest Heir to the House of Black.

Abraxas, stopped reading the article and looked up shocked, and immediately yelled for an elf to get his son. Lucius Malfoy appeared a few moments later, a look of sorrow still etched onto his face, "Yes father, you called?" Abraxas shoved the paper into his sons hand and motion for him to read it. Lucius looked up after finishing just as shocked as his father, "A son, Rose had a son?"

"Yes it appears so," his answered, "we must meet the boy, after all he is my grandson and your nephew."

Meanwhile at the Black Manor

Cassiopeia Black looked up from her morning paper, "an heir, it is not possible." She immediately sent a house elf to go get her cousin Arcturus Black, whose manor she was staying at, so they could call a family meeting.

Arcturus arrived a minute later and Cassiopeia all but shoved the paper in his hand. Arcturus read it a when he finished, he looked at Cassiopeia in shock. "We must call a family meeting," he muttered to his cousin, "A full family council, summon the whole family, including Abraxas, Lucius and Narcissa. I will go get Melania from the library."

Cassiopeia nodded and sent out the symbol that signalled the calling of a Black family meeting, to all the respective family members.

By the time Arcturus had returned from the library with his wife, Melania Black née Macmillan, the family members had all started to apparate in, first the Malfoy's, Abraxas Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy and his wife Nacrissa Malfoy née Black. Then came Pollux Black and his wife Irma Black née Crabbe.