Chapter 1

I never imagined that this thing would like, regenerate. For a second I thought it was intelligent enough to use the pieces of metal and wood in the trailer to make a decoy of itself and run away. But I knew that couldn't be the truth. Its body seemed brand-new like it was a new-born reptile. Its skin went from bloody red to a greenish, more natural color. A long mane around the side of its neck. But what I couldn't help noticing it's exposed ribcage, I assumed it couldn't regenerate that area. "What are you looking at?" it snarled.

"N-nothing," I stammered, noticing that I was looking at the beast up and down like it had turned into an entirely different animal on the way back home. the beast shook its massive head. I was still thinking about what the best thing to do. I couldn't take it to animal control, and I can't take it to the zoo. I chuckled to myself, This thing looks like it belongs at Jurassic Park then at a zoo. I take out my house key and am ready to open the door when I realized. How was I going to get the thing to the backyard? It couldn't even fit through the doorway! I then decided to use the old wooden gate leading to the yard. it seemed big enough to fit it, the worst-case scenario is that it destroys the entire fence. I opened the gate as wide as it would go, and walked back to the beast, who had its front claws tucked in like a resting cat.

"Ready to come inside?" I asked it as I placed the wooden ramp down to help it climb down. it grunted in response and climbed down the ramp. I lead it to the gate and propped it open with a rock. It carefully stepped inside the fence, occasionally looking back at me, as if to make sure I wouldn't close the gate on it and trap it inside my yard. Ha. That's the last thing I would want to do right now. I chuckled to myself. A sickening crack arose from my thoughts. I turned to see that the beast had somehow dislodged the gate from its hinges. "Oops," it said "Sorry.." It walked further in. "Don't worry. I needed to replace that old gate anyways." Walking the beast to the bigger part of the yard was easier then getting it through the gate, I noticed that it seemed more comfortable in the yard than in the trailer or the park, its posture seemed more at ease than before, making me believe that it didn't like tight spaces, and maybe it was claustrophobic. "How do you like it?" I asked. but I didn't need an answer. it seemed happier than ever before, rolling over in the grass; it even looked like it smiling, I swear I heard it make a sound similar to purring, but much louder, like a car engine.

It seemed to notice me watching it, and reverted to its 'im a vicious scary monster, fear me' position, making sure to bare its teeth. What did I do? I had thought. Eventually, it had occurred to me that it could be trying to stay with a reputation of being tough and intimidating. Judging by how fast it went from purring and rolling around on the grass from growling and baring its teeth, I assumed that was what it was trying to do. It stopped looking menacing and looked at me, with a less angry look. "Um.. th-thank you. for... this," it said. I couldn't help to notice that it seemed to have trouble saying the words 'thank you.' as it had never said those 2 words in its life. "Your welcome," I said back

I went back inside after seeing the beast settle in. my backyard was pretty large, so hopefully it doesn't grow too big. When I had bought this house, the previous owners of the house had told me that they had planted a tree while they owned the house, and it seemed to be getting bigger every day, which it did. It provided a great spot to read in the shade. There was one tree root that was sticking out of dirt, it seemed almost as large as my 2 legs combined I had to take care not to trip on it every time I walked outside. I took notice that the beast's tail was as large as that root, and its body even longer. Perhaps it wouldn't grow that much larger than that. after hearing loud scratching sounds, I saw that the beast had begun using the tree as a giant scratching post. Better the tree then the fence. I thought.

As the sky grew darker, I began to think about what I should feed it. I thought about just giving it a slab of raw meat, but what if it didn't eat meat? I remembered that the beast could talk, so I went outside and asked it. "Hey, I'm going to make something to eat for dinner; what do you want to eat?" The beast tilted its head in question. "You're feeding me?" it asked. "Of course I am. aren't you hungry?" The beast said a few things under its breath before saying: "I would love some poultry"

I opened my freezer and searched for something to fulfill the beast's request. while doing so, I couldn't help but wonder why it would ask me why I wanted to feed it. It must have something to do with that 'place' it talks about. I ended up having to go to the store to buy chicken for the beast, as well as some other necessities. Meat, some cardboard (So the beast doesn't destroy my tree while it stays with me) a large water bowl (I ended up buying a large plastic tub because who knows how much it can drink) A food bowl (I ended up buying a metal cutting board.) And of course, chicken.

I headed home with my items in hand. I opened the container which contained the uncooked chicken and used a large knife to cut off a hefty amount of meat and placed it on the cutting board. I went outside and placed the cutting board in front of it. "Enjoy!" I said before going back inside. It watched me for a moment and began to happily tear into its meal. It seemed a lot happier after finishing its meal and even asked me for a second helping. After it seemed satisfied, I went to bed. knowing I had made a beast happy today...

Hey everyone! thank you for reading the first chapter of "Living With 682" I hope you enjoyed it because new chapters are coming very soon. If you like my work, please be sure to follow me so you always know when my new stories are coming. Thanks again for reading, and as always; be safe around Draak-Kin