62

Jaehyun's POV

This feels weird. Why would she ask me all of a sudden? There's no reason for her to ask.

"Jaehyun" Doyoung called and entered the room

"Doyoung, it feels weird"

"Why?" he asked and gave me the pillow

"Ever since we left Stonehill University. She kept saying things I never expected. It felt like she knows something that I don't"

"Why are you overreacting? You should trust her. You two are married and I know married couples can't lie to each other. Besides, you are a vampire. You can read her mind" Doyoung

"But I chose not to. I want her to have her own privacy. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable knowing that I'm taking advantage of her"

"Explain everything to me. Why did you say that Jieun knows something that you don't?" Doyoung asked

"When we felt Stonehill University, she called me. She told me to protect Heize no matter what happens. I just don't understand why would she tell me that. Then, 30 minutes ago when I called her. She kept asking if I am pure vampire"

"What did you tell her?" Doyoung

"I said yes"

"Ya, are you crazy? She wouldn't ask if she still doesn't know. If she asked you an obvious question, just tell her the truth. You even put yourself in trouble" Doyoung

"How am I going to tell her? If I will answer yes, I will need to tell her everything. What if she will choose to leave me even more? I'm scared. I don't want her to leave me. I'm happy now. I just want to live with her peacefully. I want to have a normal life with her"

Doyoung stood up "I think she really knows something. We shouldn't just protect ourselves, we also need to protect her. She is going to be in danger if she will dig more" he left the room

This is what I'm scared of. The time that everything will be a mess will come. I want her to wait for me. I want us to be fine.

We're staying somewhere hidden. No humans can enter. Only vampires can. I badly want to go to Jieun but I'm scared. Maybe Doyoung was right. She already knows it. The thing is, I lied to her.

I've been texting her for 30 minutes after the call. She's not replying back to me. I don't know what's happening. I can't call her. She turned off her phone.

To : Jieun

If there's something bothering you please tell me. I can't stop worrying about you. If you're not going to tell me then I'll go where you are.

From : Jieun

I'm already in my Father's house. You don't have to worry about me. You should worry about yourself.

To : Jieun

You are making me worry. You didn't replied to me earlier. What's wrong? Is it about the thing you asked me?

From : Jieun

I'm fine. I just suddenly want to ask. I am really tired right now. I want to rest, Jaehyun. You too.

From : Jieun

Hmm, rest well, wife. Let's meet when everything's fine. I love you.

After my text, she didn't replied to me again. I wonder what's happening, ever since she got involved. She kept sufferring. I think it's all my fault. If only I didn't approached her first she should be fine now. Or maybe not. I should've not stopped her when she tried to leave me because of her Father.

I lied down and stared at the wall. How can I rest when I kept worrying about her?

"Jung Jaehyun" Yoojin called as she entered my room

I quickly sat down and vowed to her.

"I heard from Doyoung about Jieun. He told me everything. I also talked to Jieun earlier. I told her that I know something about the incident. She rushed somewhere, she said it's important and she'll be fine. I guess she really knows something we don't. The more she dig information, the more she'll be in trouble" Yoojin said and sighed, she looked at me "We are both dhampirs, we can feel what human feels. I know you are worried about her. You can't go anywhere but I'll try to talk to her tomorrow. I'll visit her and make sure she will tell me everything she knows. Just like me, you parents were killed by Eynol. You are like a brother to me just like how Suho took care of you. In this kind of situation, I'll help you whenever you need me"

I nodded and smiled "Thank you"

"For now, tell Jieun not to talk to anyone. I'm sure Suho is wandering around-" Yoojin

"S-Suho?"

There's no way he will tell Jieun about me. There's no way he talked to Jieun and told about me. No way. He would never do that. He promised not to interfere with any of my decisions.

"I already knew it when I saw the student. There's a note left by him. I knew it was him. He wants us to know that he is here. We both know he is under Eynol and he is probably here because of you" Yoojin crossed her arms

"He told Jieun"

Yoojin nodded "Yes, he maybe the one who told Jieun about you. Now, tell Jieun to be safe and tell her the truth. That's the only thing for you and her to stay longer" she smiled and walked out of the room

How? She's probably overthinking now. I quickly took my phone and sent her a message.

To : Jieun

You're right. I am a dhampir. I'll explain everything when I see you. For now, be safe.

Please, be safe.