𝐱𝐢𝐱. WAXING CRESCENT

Start from the beginning

Spencer always related life to Newton's cradle. Ordinarily, the balls were touching, resting. That's what life was like most of the time. Static, safe, peaceful.

Then, every so often someone would lift one end of the cradle, and for a moment everything is euphoric. That's kind of how Spencer felt now, everything was well. His relationship with Sabrina had actually blossomed since their fight, he was doing well at work and his mother was doing well.

Right after you lift that first ball, there comes an inevitable drop. The lowest point of movement when the balls slam against each other and life hits rock bottom.

But for right now, Spencer was still up in the air.

They hadn't had any cases recently, and the rest of the team had gone home early. Spencer stayed late to catch up on some paperwork and do some research, not uncommon for him on a Friday night.

Closing her laptop, Sabrina stood up from her desk and grabbed her bag, walking over to Spencer's desk.

"Ready to go?"

He hummed nonchalantly in response, writing some notes and not looking up. Sabrina half hated when he was like this, he would get so wrapped up in his work that he had no attention left for her. On the other hand, he looked so cute when he was working hard.

Smirking, Sabrina placed her bag down and slid onto Spencer's lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. He looked up from his notebook, surprised at the action and chuckled.

"Baby, I'm trying to work here!" he protested, giving her a quick peck and leaning over her shoulder in a half-hearted attempt to continue.

"Okay," she purred, placing kisses over his neck, "then work. I'll just distract you a little." He closed his eyes, sighing in light annoyance.

"That's not a 'little' distracting. That's let's break the 'no sex on office chairs' rule distracting."

She giggled in response, temporarily abandoning his neck to lift one leg over his side so that she was straddling him. He dropped the pen, giving up completely on the task at hand and placing his hands on her hips.

"Okay Miss Fairchild. You win."

Sabrina was out with Garcia, and her friend Kaya. She had been so wrapped up in her relationship with Spencer that she'd almost become the girl she looked down upon. The one that loses all her friends for a boy.

So for tonight, it was all about her and her girlfriends.

Garcia was of course, already wine drunk and chatting up two men at the bar. Kaya and Sabrina were exchanging pleasantries at the table,

"So, anyone in your life?" Sabrina smiled at the girl in front of her. She was pretty, in an almost accidental way. She didn't have any makeup on, only cherry lipgloss which gave her lips a slight blush to them. She was dressed in fishnet and a black leather skirt, a stark contrast to Sabrina's light blue silk slip.