c h a p t e r - t e n

Start from the beginning

The chair before her moved as Shivansh got seated in front. She looked up at him and kept the mobile to the side.

"Tell me your insta ID," Aayrah said taking her mobile again, "I will send you a follow request," she smiled at Shivansh.

"What do you want to see in a boring account?" Shivansh asked putting a piece of apple in his mouth. Aayrah frowned hearing him.

"You introverts are just too much," she said shaking her head slightly, "Just say it na."

"shivansh.bapat" Shivansh said letting out a sigh. Aayrah smiled as she searched his account and sent him a request right away. She looked up at him while he munched on his breakfast with coffee being kept to the side. She noticed him for some time.

"Is that spec stuck with your face?" she asked with a smile, "Don't you use contacts?"

"I tried but it's too much work so dropped the idea," Shivansh said the shake of his head as he remembered his morning struggle with the lenses and getting late for office. Aditi suggested him to wear one to give him a trendy look but he didn't like it in the end much to her disappointment.

"Fine," Aayrah said with a smile, "I have sent the follow request. Accept it right now," she said handing him his mobile. Shivansh sighed unlocking it.

"Yes, got it," he said and pressed on the accept button as he followed her back.

Aayrah's chatterbox kept on going with Shivansh listening to her in between eating his breakfast. She munched on her food as well while doing the thing she liked, chattering. Once she was done she took her mobile and saw the request of Shivansh. She smiled slightly and accepted it as she went through his account. There weren't many posts being the introvert he is but he looked different in them. He was happy and smiling widely with his group of friends, unlike the current grumpy one.

"So you do have friends, chasmish," Aayrah asked still looking at one particular picture of his from college with his boy group. She then looked up at Shivansh and put the mobile aside as she spoke again, "Nice. It's such a good profile. I don't understand what makes you so uncomfortable. Di is the same." She finished with a frown. Shivansh sighed and slid his dish to the side as he pulled the cup of coffee and ready to answer Aayrah but when have that impatient girl waited for the other person to talk. She continued further without bothering.

"Oh! That reminds me," she said getting excited and clapping her hands together looking at Shivansh. He gave her an unsure look as she continued again, "Do you think something is going on between Chirag and her?"

"What?" Shivansh almost spelt the coffee over his t-shirt but managed somehow. He looked at Aayrah again.

"I don't think Chirag has anything at least," he said as Aayrah kept staring at him. She sighed hearing Shivansh.

"Of course," she said shaking her head and looked around, "Where is he anyway?"

"On-call," Shivansh said with a shrug, "Being in operations allows you to work from anywhere and anytime."

"So he took off that way," Aayrah asked raising her eyebrows. Shivansh nodded.

"He has already taken a lot so that was the condition people agreed to let him go," He said again when her mobile started chirping. She looked to the side and groaned. Her mother has lately upgraded her way of contacting her daughters. She uses video calling instead of voice calls to ensure they are safe and sound.

"Ah, my mother is calling. Maybe her favourite daughter didn't answer the call," Aayrah said more like talking with herself. But she slid to answer anyway.

"What's up?" She asked and turned on the back camera pointing at Shivansh. She spoke again as Shivansh looked awkward by sudden movement, "Look at your son-in-law." He just glared at her being used to her carefree behaviour by now. Aayrah started laughing.