Chapter 37: The E.N.D.

Start from the beginning

"What?! The guild?" Wendy asked in horror. "Surely they can't all be dead..."

"Our guild..." Erza's fists tightened and tears ran down her face. "HOW DARE YOU HURT FAIRY TAIL!" She grabbed a sword and rushed at him.

Jellal held her back. "No!"

"I have to avenge them!" She screamed.

"I know, but you'll die if you try to fight him. We can't lose you, Erza."

She struggled for a while, punching and kicking Jellal. He endured all of her anger and grief at losing their guildmates. She berated him for a while before reluctantly relaxing. 

"Do it! Kill me Natsu!" Zeref cackled as the demon landed punch after punch on him.

"Turn Natsu back!" Happy demanded.

"If you can kill me, I will."

Lucy grabbed Natsu's key. "Star Dress: E.N.D. Form!"

"NO!" Gray screamed.

"LUCY!" Happy shouted.

Natsu turned as he saw Lucy. He growled at her and attacked her. He punched her in the face. She sliced his stomach. They matched each other in hand-to-hand combat. Zeref laughed maniacally as they both roared fire at each other. The collision caused a powerful wave of heat that burned them all.

Erza watched the demons clash. Massive explosions blasted them all back. "Can we do anything?"

"I don't think so." Jellal muttered.

"We need to get out of here before we all die!" Carla picked up Wendy.

"No! You're gonna miss the show!" Zeref smirked as he immobilized them. 

"Damn it!" Erza spat as she fell to the ground, unable to move.

"Now we're definitely gonna die." Happy whimpered.

"NATSU! LUCY!" Gray shouted. "KILL ZEREF! FOCUS ON ZEREF!" They both turned to him and then looked at Zeref.

"Are they listening?" Wendy asked.

"I'm not sure." Carla frowned.

The demons dove at Zeref and attacked with all their might. Zeref cackled with glee. "What a challenge! Repent!" Darkness and fire spread across the land, burning the others. "Too bad Acnologia won't be joining the fight, but you two will suffice."

Jellal sensed Zeref's immobilization spell break as he was hit hard by the two demons. "Let's go!" He picked up Erza and ran.

"Put me down!" She demanded.

"You're injured. Just let me do this."

"But I don't wanna leave them!" Happy cried.

Gray grabbed the Exceed. "We'll watch from the distance. It's too dangerous for us to stay."

"Natsu! Come back home!" He tearfully cried as Gray dragged him away.

Zeref cackled as he struck at the two demons. He sliced Lucy's abdomen and Natsu's face. Blood trickled down their wounds.

Lucy groaned as she flickered back to normal. It took everything she had to stay in the Star Dress. "No! Must kill him! Natsu must live!" She balled her fist. "I have to make this one count! NATSU!" She let out a battle cry as she focused all of her magic into her fist. Natsu did the same. They yelled as they hit Zeref with all of their might. His face froze in shock. A massive explosion rocked the kingdom, sending fire and debris everywhere.

"No, no, no, no!" Wendy shrieked as they were hit. 

Carla threw herself on top of Wendy. "Watch out!"