Chp 16

I felt a weight being shifted oddly through this bed. It felt like the hospital bed, but it seemed a bit bigger. I fought for my eyes to open, but they wouldn't. 

"I know you're sleeping, but if you were awake. I'd never say this to you." I recognized the voice right away as Tsukishima's.

My body was exhausted, and I felt weaker than ever. I stayed in the same position he left me in.

 "I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to run away from you. Just seeing you makes me so scared." He swallowed a lump in his throat. "I've never felt this with anyone. I've never felt the need to love anyone, but with you, I feel it."

I listened intently, imagining that I was awake and that he was saying them directly to me. 

"Yamaguchi likes to tease me because I spend my allowance on dinosaur figures. I don't look like it, but I do have a teeny bit of a sweet tooth, only for certain things though. I do love music. I listen to literally everything." 

He let out a dry small laugh and took a slow deep breath in. "And I have been listening to that song we shared that night every day since that night happened."

I heard him shift and move some hair away from my face. "Wake up so we can share more." He whispered. "Wake up so I can tell you how big of a nerd I actually am." He paused again briefly.

"Wake up so I can tell you how much I love you." He choked on his words.

I heard more shuffling and then all of a sudden. I felt his soft, warm lips on my forehead. "Wake up soon. I'll be waiting." He kissed my forehead again before the weight on the bed I was on disappeared, and I hear footsteps leading out then a door closing softly.

The sun's pleasant good morning burned holes through my eyes. My eyes squinted open, and I got up with ease. I was a bit confused. Last I remember, I was on the bench then Tsukishima was talking to me. 

It all felt like some weird fever dream...

My door swung open to Ryu and Saeko, screaming their heads off. "Thank God you got here safety." Saeko embraced me and Ryu joined. 

"Why would you run off like that!" Saeko shouted, shaking me around. 

My body still felt a bit tired, and my brain throbbed, but Tsukishima was definitely here last night. 

"Where's Tsukishima." The words flowed out of me beautifully. "How would we know?" Saeko glanced at Ryu, who looked just as confused. 

"He brought me here. I need to go see him!" I said a bit loud, shooting myself off the bed. 

They both grabbed my arms, prohibiting me from moving another step. 

"Y/N! Stay in bed! You'll pass out again! Please stay here!" Ryu gritted between his teeth as they both tried their hardest to hold me back. 

The doctor invited himself in and started to laugh at us. "No need to restain her! She can go in a couple of hours."  

They let me go, and we all looked at each other confused. The doctors smiled dropped. 

"You don't feel different, Y/N?" He said as if it was a test. He started to laugh a bit more. "Last night, we ran the usual tests, but we noticed the thorns had started to get smaller!" 

I realized that I was standing up perfectly and that talking and shouting didn't hurt my throat anymore. I caressed my throat. "It doesn't hurt." I whispered.

Ryu quickly picked me up and spun me around. "Y/N!" He shouted. He put me down and continued to hug me tightly. 

"Ryu, I can't breathe!" I said, gasping for air. It only got worse because Saeko hugged me as well. 

"I was so scared." She admitted. I sighed in compliance, and we stood still, hugging for some time. "I'm so glad you're okay now." Ryu whispered as he let me go. 

The doctor smiled with his hands behind his back. "We still can't let you go just yet. I still need to make sure everything is okay. But it shouldn't take too long." 

After many hours of testing, they finally let me go. They wanted to keep me overnight just to make sure, but we all insisted on letting me leave. My doctor seems just as relieved as I was. I walked out of the hospital feeling like a new person. It's been so long since I've been out here comfortably. 

"You guys really had to bring me my uniform as my outfit?" I said as we walked alongside each other. "That's the outfit you come here in." Saeko said as she put a lollipop in her mouth. "I'm so happy you're out." I heard Ryu yelled and he hugged me again. I laughed as he embraced me. It felt so nice to laugh without having daggers shoot my lungs.

"Why are you still here?" Saeko said as she shoved me a bit. I raised an eyebrow. "You're out and cured. Don't you remember what that means?" She said, taking out the lollipop from her mouth. I widened my eyes. "Oh crap. You're right." I said, shoving my bag into Ryu's arms and pulling out my phone.

Saeko let out a hefty laugh. "I told Ukai to force the boys to have a practice just to get Tsukishima there." I hugged her in excitement. "Thank you! Thank you!" I said as I started to run off. 

"Be home by 5! Or you're not eating dinner!" I heard Saeko yell as she was waving goodbye like a crazy woman. 

I can't believe I'm actually out of that place. It doesn't smell like the death-ridden hospital anymore. It smells like flowers and trees mixed—the wonderful scent of the outdoors. I ran past crowds of people, eyeing me as I flew past them.

I don't run. I don't like sports. But I kept running like it was my passion. Three words kept me going.

He loves me.

—-
author here - i hope you are enjoying the book so far. im almost done fixing it GAHHH i'm so tired

anyway - ill stop complaining because you guys like it sm pero i'm like....tired

bye bye:))