38. As The End Nears...

Start from the beginning

I look back down at the file, 'Iris staged the note in the envelope that was given anonymously, she lied about the identity of the writer, there were no diaries written about Melanie, the written confession, 'I've only had two sessions with her, and I already find myself infatuated with the mere idea that she's here, stuck in this room and must converse with me, whether she is willing or not. Her languid glow teases at my mind like a hissing rose petal, so beautiful yet courageously dangerous. She doesn't hear my heart race when she sits in front of me, and allows me to watch her lips move, and only for me. If only she'd let me close enough to show her how unguarded I am with her. If only she'd let me in...in more ways than one.' It was a scheme written out of jealousy, Iris was likely envious of Professor Forthright's feelings for Melanie, and knew Melanie was disgusted with Forthright after speaking with Edmund regarding what Melanie despises about Forthright. Edmund knew about the note when he saw the envelope after making dinner for Melanie.'

I take a slow seat on the glass desk, "You knew about the letter Iris schemed...the first time you made dinner for me, and you said nothing?" My face curled in something painful as I look over to Edmund. His eyes flicker as he stumbles closer, but Marvin stops him, he drops to his knees in front of the glass table, looking at me, like he couldn't believe this was happening right now, he looked unearthly pale, and sick. He looked greatly sick.

I stare into his silver eyes, my fingers were shaking as I read out, " Iris...knew Melanie was disgusted with Forthright after speaking with Edmund regarding what Melanie despises about Forthright. Edmund knew about the note when he saw the envelope after making dinner for Melanie.' You stood behind me, in my living room while I was about to have a meltdown because I thought the paedophilic professor wrote me a letter, when in fact, you knew it was written in Iris' hand all along?" I ask him, Talon groans from behind me, Iris releases a sob from her lips, I turn to her when Edmund couldn't form words.

She reaches a hand out to me, "Please, he didn't do anything, he-" I cut her off from defending Edmund, with a penetrating glare,

Her puffy red eyes crumble and flicker, "I was afraid of him, and beyond disgusted, Iris and out of bloody jealousy, you staged a note I thought was from him, you spied on us during the times of his confidential meetings, you tell everyone about it behind my back, and you even got Edmund to lie to me, when I accused you of something you actually did do?" I mutter, slamming the file down. She shivers in her seat at the coldness in my voice.

I wrack my hands through my hair as I look down at Edmund, after everything I've learned about him and he says nothing, I shake my head at him, "What is this? Why were you even a part of this?" I ask him, slamming the paperwork down in front of him.

I know he's had an extremely difficult past, I was horrified by how much I'd learned and everything else, but hearing that he was somehow entangled in those threats and cover-ups, I could barely look at the man I had come to know.

I snap my head to the file on Erik, I look up at Erik, he saw my look and his own face crumbled, he raises his hands towards it, "Melanie, please don't. This isn't his fault, I take full responsibility for my actions, please, he was just covering for me, I asked him-No, I begged him not to tell you. You have to understand-" I shut him off.

"Be quiet." I snap at him, flicking the file open.

Pictures of him one hour before the class of Professor Stanley's lecture begun, there are frames of him plugging something in, a USB by the looks of Marvin's analysis, I close my eyes for a second, "You were the one who placed the slides, files and recording inside the monitor, making me believed someone hacked into his desktop, when it was merely a play, to show me the files on those girls." I whisper, not taking my eyes off of Marvin's analysis, which included Lyndon, who confessed to sticking the note on the back of a salad in the cafeteria, he somehow knew I'd go for that particular one.