Prologue

The lights flickered on, and a man entered the room I was in. He walked up to a table and began fiddling with something until he approached me with a mug of coffee and sat down. He opened a briefcase pulled out a folder. with the word "Case"  written on it in black letters. "subject name: Bryan Smith, age 21." he looked up from the folder and at me. "Tell me about the incident. at the park." I knew exactly what he was talking about, and I knew I had no point in denying what had happened. "Alright. It all started on a Saturday morning"

I got out of my truck and headed towards the open field, to the right; a forest. to the left, a large open area where dogs played and people mingled. I had no plans today, I was just naturally attracted to the outdoors. I found myself more happy basking in the sunlight than staying inside. I never intended to do anything wrong today, just to relax outside. Today, however, I decided to take a hike through the forest. I thought it would feel nice to do something different today. As I stepped into the forest, I stepped on the hiking trail and began walking. It felt nice, eventually; I began counting the number of birds I saw. suddenly, I heard a roar, like a lion's roar; except way louder, and filled with pure fury. My first instinct was to turn back, but my curiosity got the best of me. As I left the trail and headed towards the sound, I began hearing full words. I thought it was somebody who had tripped over a tree root or a branch, but it was extremely loud, almost yelling, like somebody was experiencing the worst pain ever experienced by a human being. Soon I began to hear profanity, just as loud as ever. Screaming curses and saying very unpleasant things. Geez. I had thought. Doesn't he know that there are kids here?  I expected to see a person injured and was ready to call an ambulance. But what I saw was so much worse. I can't even describe what it was... It was a thing, an abomination. It looked like a giant crocodile, but it looked like it had just been mauled by something, but that probably wasn't true; judging by the size of it. I knew I had to do something. I can't call animal control, this has nothing to do with them. I then remembered something. I had a trailer somewhere in my garage, if i could get whatever that thing was inside of it, I could bring it to a better place.

 I ran back to my truck and prayed that it would still be there by the time I came back. Once I came back, with the trailer attached to my vehicle, I parked it a safe distance away from the thing. I got out of my truck and opened the trailer. It watched me as I began moving the boxes out of the trailer and into the trunk. But once I finished and the trailer was empty, it growled at me, baring its teeth. I wasn't sure if it was growling at me, or the vehicle. I motioned toward the entrance, but it didn't move. "You need to get in the trailer," I said. "You're hurt, I'm just going to take you to a place where someone can help you." After hearing that, the beast roared again. I was shocked to see that it could understand me, (Or at least I think it did) or maybe giant crocodile-like things are smarter then they look. What it did next surprised me. As I motioned towards the trailer again, it shook it's head what it looked like disgust; it spoke. "N-no," it said faintly. I didn't know what to say back, instead, I walked into the trailer and sat down. "I promise I won't hurt you. Just please get into the trailer and we'll take you to where you belong." I said softly. "No. You cant. Not again.." it growled. "I can't go back to that place." I didn't know what the thing meant by "That place." but I'm willing to bet that whatever place it's talking about, it won't go back to it without a fight. I sighed. "If I promise not to take you back to the place, will you go into the trailer?" The beast let out a long sigh, and slowly made its way to the trailer; quicky, I got out of its way and went outside the trailer. I watched it for a moment and just as I was ready to close the door, it said something "If you take me back to that place, I will consume you and everyone you love." I shivered, now that I could see it better; I noticed its rows of teeth, and what seemed to look like the remains of a mane on it's back. 

I closed the door of the trailer and gently knocked on its side "Hey! Can you breathe in there?" All I got in return was a grunt from the beast. Once I got on the road, I began to wonder what to do with that thing. I don't know what it means by 'that place,' but it obviously doesn't want to go back there. I suppose I could keep it in the backyard for the time being. I wonder who would know more about this thing,

I pulled into the driveway and took out the key. I got out of the truck and knocked on the trailer's side. "Welcome home buddy. Let me take you to your room." I opened the trailer door and dropped my keys and stared awestruck at the creature. "What happened to you?"

Hey guys! Recently, I've been thinking about SCP 682 a lot, and I thought about how cool would it be if somebody owned it as a pet. I decided to toy around with the idea and made this. I probably will make more chapters if you liked this one, but I'll probably make more in my free time. Be sure to be on the look-out for my bigger stories, and be sure to follow me so you never miss any of my new stories!!

*SCP foundation dor SCP-682 does not belong to me*