Chapter 1. Family at last.

Dedicated To Karenscox for her beautiful comment. Sorry for the long wait. I needed time to kind of see where this chapter was headed.

***

Still 18 years ago

6 months later

Pakistan - Clean up Mission

''I'm telling you, the bitch was crazy''. I grinned at him, dimples and all.

I rolled my eyes at Reno. He was telling us all about the crazy girl he fucked and trapped him in the room ordering him to marry her. I shook my head, and wondered when that boy would learn. Another of his psycho one night stands went as far to burn him and alive and then dump his body in the ocean. But we saved the day and got rid of the bitch. Forever. That psycho was 6 ft under the ground for even to attempt to hurt one of our own.

Fierce protectiveness ran through me. It was multiplied as the days went by, the alpha female in me was ready to defend one of mine. As I was protective of the boys the same went with them. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere by myself courtesy of Alex. But at the time I didn't argue I understood the danger towards us and defying orders would be stupid and childish which could result to one of us dying and an example would be Reno. What happened with him was a close call; if word got out we were getting sloppy. Others Special Ops would after us in a split second.

In this line of work, we would always be in danger. It seems like death is one step behind us, waiting for us to fail and for it to have its dark hands on us. It was times like these that made me wonder. If this life was for me, if I could provide better for my kids. I was into my third month and I already had a small bump. I couldn't go for dangerous missions until after these babies were born. Especially since my days were numbered, we were waiting, watching, and being cautious. One wrong move from Dominic and the boys would be on him like a pack of hyenas.

It was hard for me, not knowing if I was going to die. If I could lose my kids before I got to hold them, cherish them, tell them how I love them, how much they mean. Over the course of these months, I'd unfortunately had to deal with some sensitive cases. One in particular had stuck to me, an Alpha mated to a witch, which was rare for species to interbreed. The witch, Elise was 6 months pregnant, the Alpha was drunk which we found out happened a lot had nearly beaten to death his mate and child. Unfortunately the child didn't make it. The more woman was mute, hadn't spoke a word.

We were called in, debriefed by The Council and was told this was sensitive case, one The Council had taken personally. We all understood, the case was personal to the witch representative on The Council. When we had arrived there, Elise was practically wasted away; she hadn't eaten for nearly 5 days. Her mate was charged with murder on the second degree. It seemed only after the trial that Elise ate, talked. When her baby had found justice only then did Elise rest, open up and be herself.

Cain and Elise seemed to have this instant bond connecting them. It could be that losing both of their mates, they'd found someone they could connect to. We were all happy, finally Cain had found the girl that fit him but understood him as a person. Alex performed a ceremony that hadn't been used in at least 200 years, the ceremony of a breaking of a bond and the celebration of a new one. It was a very risky ritual if not performed properly the two consenters would lose their life. Alex refused when Cain asked but Cain... could be very persuasive. Now, both were very content. Elise loved moving from country to country saying she had never seen the world in such detail. Cain was delighted when Elise's face lit up like a Christmas tree.

A couple of weeks ago, Elise confirmed our suspicions, she was pregnant but very scared. I could understand her dilemma, losing a child hits hard not on the mental but the physical barriers. But I encouraged her to talk her fears with Cain and sort them out, she thanked me after wards her face glowing. I will admit I am slightly jealous that everyone was getting their happily ever after. But I knew all I needed was my kids, they were my ever after.