Chap 12 - Is This A Day For Reunions?

Start from the beginning

"what do you want Valerie? To destroy my life again?" i scoffed. "please. I.. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness after everything I have done to you. But I'm so sorry. I was.." she looked lost. Like she does not know what to say.

"careless? Stupid? Dumb? Oh what about selfish?" i asked sarcastically. "yes. Selfish." she answered and sat down beside me. "I was selfish. I shouldn't have bullied or abused you. Instead I should have been the one to protect you. Uhh. I can never forgive myself. You were someone to treasure. But i didn't. I was too selfish. I got just one sister. And i let her slip through my fingers." she mumbled. I didn't say anything.

"i just realised who i lost when you ran away. That was the worst day of my life. I tried to send a search team for you since i am the beta. But father didn't let me. He got mad and threatened to take my beta position. But i still stood my ground. However when he threatened to hurt hurt mom, I couldn't. I'm sorry. I know you probably don't believe me. I totally understand." she sniffed. I looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. 

I looked deep into her eyes. I saw what I'm searching for. Truthfulness. She is telling the truth. Valerie is someone i can always read at anytime.

"i.." i tried to say. "no. You don't have to forgive me. I don't deserve forgiveness from you." she croaked. Her voice cracked. She was fighting her tears.

"Valerie. This is really difficult for me. But i see the truth in your eyes. You know I can always read your eyes. You are telling the truth. It's not going to be easy to forgive you. But I'm willing to give us a try. Not to Wilson or Ervin. Just you. They will have to prove it. You know I can't read them easily." i said.

She looked at me. Shock, surprise, disbelief and happiness were clear in her eyes. "thank you. Thank you so much, Ari." she said. "sorry. I didn't mean to.." she realised that she called me Ari. "it's fine. Call me Winnie." i said.

"are you really giving me a chance?" she asked. "yes. I am, Val." i smiled at her. "you called me Val. Oh my god." she whispered looking at me. She couldn't control the tears anymore. They ran down her cheeks.

"i guess i did." i said as i felt my face heat up. Suddenly i heard soft sobs. I looked at her to see her crying. I wrapped my arms around her. "hey. Calm down. It's a happy moment. Don't cry." i said rubbing her back soothingly.

"I'm happy. I'm so happy. It's like a dream come true." she cried. I laughed a little. She is always the emotional one. "I'm happy too. It's good to have you back, sisi." i hugged her tightly as tears ran down my face.

We just sat there hugging each other as we poured our emotions. I really did miss her. At some point it wasn't me soothing her. It was her rubbing my back soothingly.

"umm.." i heard someone say. Me and Valerie looked pulled away and looked upto see Rayce and Darren.

"hey guys." i said in my cracked voice. "are you ok?" Darren asked. I nodded. "guys you know my sister Valerie. And we are sisters again. She did try to search for me and all." i said and told them everything.

"hi." Valerie said shyly. Wow. My sister really has changed.

"hey. I'm Darren Winnie's beta. I'm glad you two are giving a chance." Darren smiled. "and I'm Rayce. Winnie's 4th in command. Nice to meet you, beautiful." Rayce winked at my sister.

"Ray! Stop hitting on my sister!" i punched his arm. "oww. Why are you and Esmi always so violent!" he pouted. I just rolled my eyes.

After that we went to the food section and came back with some food. We sat down on the same spot we were before.