Chapter 15

---

I don't know--and honestly, I don't care--how long we were trapped in each other's embrace.

The both of us were completely broken down in tears. I just release all of the fear, sadness and stress of my life, and it felt better than anything I could ever imagine. I am finally reunited with my sister.

"Why did you leave us?" I ask after I am slightly recovered. The question that has haunted me since the second she left. "We needed you."

Diana's sobs just became more rapid and uncontrollable as she tried to reply.

"I don't know, Lilah! I don't know! I am so, so sorry. If I could, I would go back and stay just a little while longer, I would've done anything." Her voice escalated in regret and frustration. I pull away.

"It's okay, we are together again, and that's all that matters." I smile with which she returns.

"Alright, now let's take a look at you." She says giddily.

Diana takes a moment to examine my features.

"Of course, you still look like Dad, which means you still have his eyes, jerk." I laugh at her response. Diana has always been jealous of my eyes; I get that way too much. She takes after my mom 100%, while I take after my dad.

"Still looking like mom." I return, taking a look at her myself. A gasp escapes my lips, my eyes widen and I almost shout. "Oh my God! You're pregnant! And married!" Her left hand, which is adorned with a shiny wedding ring is resting on her enormous stomach.

"Everyone has to settle down at some point." She looks past my shoulder to Steve and Aurora. "Have you?"

"Well, not really... it's complicated." I sigh, also looking to Steve and Aurora, remembering they were there. "Oh! Where are my manners? Diana, this is my friend, Steve. Steve this is my sister, Diana. And this little bundle of joy is my daughter, Aurora."

Steve steps forward, holding out his free hand to her.

"Steve Rogers, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Delilah talks about you all the time." Steve greets her politely. Diana's attention snaps to me, her mouth slightly opened.

"The pleasure is mine." She returns the shake, clearly impressed with his gentlemanlike manner. "Please! Come in!"

Steve nods in thanks and walked in without hesitation. Diana takes me by the arm and pulls me back.

"You're dating Captain America?" She whispers sharply between clenched teeth.

"Who said I was dating him?" I counter, slightly taken aback. She just gives me an "are you freaking kidding me?" look. I just blush and roll my eyes. I step into the house and right into the kitchen and dining room, beyond that opens up into the living room.

"Here," Diana says to Steve with outstretched arms, "I'll take her." Steve places his lips to Aurora's head, making me smile, and reluctantly hands her off to Diana who takes her up the stairs.

"I'll get the bags." Steve mumbles, brushing past me.

"I'll help you." I follow suit.

We grab the two bags we brought and lugged them back up to the house. Diana holds the screen door open for us and leads us up the steps to our room.

"Do you want to share a room?" She asks. I look down a few stairs at Steve, where I smile waiting for his approval.

"Yeah." I answer when he returns the smile.

She leads us down the hall and opens a closed door at the very end of it. She grabs a box off of the queen-sized bed and steps to the side, letting us in. It was a simple room with a single walk-in closet and an adjoined bathroom.