Special Chapter: A Week with the Hyuns (I)

Start from the beginning

"Look!"

Ae-Rin showed her arms full of stamped stars, and her mother's eyes also instantly formed into two creases.

It was like looking in the mirror.

Yejin was one proud mother. She remembered her own mother being so happy with her getting two stars, stamped each on the back of her hand, but her daughter had stars stamped until her forearm.

"What would you like as a reward, Love?"

Lips curling up into a devious smile, with her fingers poking her cheeks as she thought of what she wants, Yejin wanted to take that question back instantly.

"A BABY ALIVE!" Holding her mother's hand while they walked towards the car, she excitedly continued, "I want one that cries, drinks milk, pees... and oh oh! DIAPERS!"

Her amused mother replied, "We have a literally alive baby at home, Ae-Rin-ah."

"That's different, Eomma. I want a Baby Alive so I could practice taking care of Dongsaeng. I need to practice holding a baby, Eomma. What if I drop the real Yoo-Jin because I didn't practice?"

Girl got a point, she thought.

"Okay, how many do you want?" 

MONDAY
4:30 PM

Giggles filled the car as Yejin saw just how Ae-Rin rolled her eyes when her ringtone interrupted in the middle of her storytelling. Now in first grade, the little girl was having so much fun talking about how she enjoys primary school so much- well, until someone called her mother.

Right. No one messes with Ae-Rin when she's talking about her day at school.

"Love, could you get my phone inside my bag?" she asked, and the little girl fumbled inside, trying to locate the loud ringing.

"Oh, it's Appa!" Suddenly her irate expression vanished, nowhere to be seen.

Ae-Rin immediately accepted the video call and when she did, the crying sounds of a baby was all they could hear. The camera was initially pointing at the ceiling but when the other end heard her amidst the loud wails, the camera faced to the distressed doctor.

"Hi, Ae-Rin." Bin said as he swayed his body left to right to ease the crying baby in his hold.

Without taking her eyes away from the road, Yejin asked, "Love, you're home already?"

"Yes, my CABG was postponed." he said simply, "Love, I need your help."

(A/N: A beautiful edit

(A/N: A beautiful edit. 🥺 does someone know who edited this? I want to give proper credit. But for now, credits you, talented editor!)

She stopped as she waited for the traffic light, nodding for her husband to continue what he was saying, "I think our son hates me."