Boiling Rock

The boat came to a sudden halt as you were thrown from your slumber. The stench of sweat filled your nose.

"What is that?!"

Tai lee walked into your chambers and smiled. "Come on we have some where to be." You noticed a black outfit in her hand.

You stumbled off the mattress and shifted towards her. "Is this outfit for me?"

She nodded and unfolded the dress. Although it was quite simple the designs were slightly ironic. On the back a dragon and a koi interlaced from the bottom to the top. The tail of the fish extended as long as the tail of the dragon but split in two. The dragon was sewn in violet, and blue thread and the koi was sewn with yellow, orange and red. She smiled " This was your mother's, and since I do not think we will depart together I give it to you, it's rightful owner. Azula and Mai know nothing of this dress, so try not to blow cover! Okay!?"

A smile tugged and your lips and brightened your scarred face. "Thank you Tai Lee, you are too kind to me."

She left and you dressed. Once you left the room an overwhelming humidity hit your face. It felt as if the entire ocean was boiling. Worried you rushed out to the deck. Once there you saw either the smallest island or the largest prison.

"Beautiful isn't it? Refuge?" a male voice asked you from behind. You turned to see Mai's uncle behind you. "This is my institution, and the world's best prison. Completely inescapable."

"Very impressive Sir. I am honored to be able to see it." once again your respectful nature made you lie to a man. Yet it was much better then another burn to the gut.

He hummed in approval and turned to leave. "Breakfast is served... refuge"

The nickname he had for you some what offended you, not the word itself, but how he said it.

You followed Mai's uncle into the Cafeteria and saw Mai along with Tai Lee and Azula. You bowed in front of the princess and walked towards the servant eating section. Azula called out "Refuge!" quickly you turned "You are a guest, so sit with us. Not with the help...."

In response you nodded and sat in between Tai Lee and the Captain of the Ship.

Tai Lee smiled and cheered. "Help yourself! When was the last time you ate.... what is your name?"

Everyone's focus was on you "huh? Oh! Hua Huo." you smiled and laughed a bit nervously.

The color in Mai's and Tai Lee's faces drained.

"The Huo family, hm?" Mai's uncle drawled. His gaze seemed suspicious of your name.

"Not the military leaders though, the Circus performers." you covered knowing Tai Lee can help you out in that category.

"and what do you do in the circus?" Azula asked half amused.

Before you could think you began to speak "Well I used to tend to the animals, I was training to do fire bending but I'm not much of a prodigy you see. I tend to always catch someones' clothing on fire! Well we were traveling and we were encountered by fire nation ships. This small fleet just attacked us, I think they were pirates..."

Surprisingly your story was believable enough, and so they left you alone.

After breakfast they began to move onto the deck. It was only Mai left with you.

"Nice save you idiot..." she murmured and shook her head.

A pout pulled at the corners of your mouth, and she snickered. "come on, you might want to see this." She lead you to the deck and you saw the island much closer. "Its called Boiling rock".

It was then you knew something, either good or bad, was going to happen.

[sorry its so short YOU WILL MEET ZUKO NEXT CHAPTER]