Chapter Twenty One

~Gage's P.O.V.~

Danny's eyes groggily fluttered open. Before he flung up. I shot up next to him. He looked at me then the window and groaned. He grabbed his phone and turned it on. He looked up at me with a pout.

"Mr. Kon's going to kill me." He showed me his phone, the time reading 8:46. "I'm almost 3 hours late."

I shook my head at him. "I told Kon what happened last night. He said you can sleep until you wake up, so I turned off your alarm."

He made an 'o' shape with his mouth before getting serious. "Sorry about that. It's really embarrassing..."

I smiled and pushed his slightly messy hair from his eyes. "Don't be sorry, you couldn't help it."

He shook his head, "I could have by not over reacting." He mumbled.

"Why exactly did that happen?" I asked.

He stiffened a little before shrugging his shoulders. Trying to escape he got up off the bed. He was about to walk away before I grabbed hold of his wrists. He sighed before turning around and facing me.

"Gage please let me go." He pleaded.

I shook my head. "Danny I want to be closer to you. And I want to help you so much, but I can't unless I understand what happened to you."

He shook his head. "Gage, you freaked out and stopped talking to me when you found out I was abused. If I went into detail, I have a feeling you would react even worse. I don't want you to stop talking to me..."

Guilt snaked its way inside me. I looked down and sighed, releasing his wrist from my grip. "But how am I suppose to help you?"

 Danny sat back down on the bed and pressed his lips to mine in a quick peck. He looked me dead in the eye. "You have to swear that if I tell you, you will not leave me." He sternly said in a voice I only heard when he first came here.

I nodded my head at him. He sat down on the bed and put his hands in his lap. Playing with his thumbs. I know this must be an extremely hard subject to talk about. But I have to know.

 ~Danny's P.O.V.~

Was I scared? Yes, fricken scared to death. But he was right, if we wanted to be closer, I had to share it with him. He'll understand... Right?!

 I cleared my throat before opening my mouth...

"My Dad didn't always hit me. I guess he use to be nice to me when I was little. I don't remember though. Really I remember the abuse starting to escalate when I was around three or so. It got worse and worse each year. It went from hitting me in the face, to beating me up until I was limp and full of bruises. There was this one time I was walking down the stairs after my parents had been fighting. I was seven. Dad came out from my mom and his room and shoved me down the stairs, breaking my arm. I didn't tell mom he was the reason I broke my arm. I-I just told her I fell." My voice cracked from the memory.

I wanted to look up at Gage. But my mind kept telling me it was a very, very bad idea. I didn't want to see his face. Weather it held sympathy or discust. Instead I just decied to keep going and pray for the best.

"He tried to kill me, many times. After my sister died, it drove my dad mad. He filled up a large pot of water and tried to drown me. My mom caught him that time and found out that I was always full of bruises because of him. Why she didn't leave him, is beyond me. Then there was a time I was taking a shower and he hit an empty beer bottle across my head. I fell down and got knocked out, woke up in the hospital, to find out that he tired to drown me again. It actually hurt to know I was so unwanted by my own parent."

I stood up off the bed and look at Gage. Tears were filmed around his eyes. I took a deep breath before grabbing the hems of my shirt. "You've seen me shirtless. Hell you've... licked my bare chest. But I don't think even I remembered I had these at that time." I blushed pulling my shirt off.

Scars were scattered all around my chest. One standing out on my left hip. "I absolutely hate my body. I can't stand looking at myself with out a shirt on. It makes me sick. He broke so many beer bottles all over my body. All these scars is from where the glass entered my skin. But this one," I said pointing to my hip. "Isn't from a beer bottle... Nor his this one." I said turning around and pointing to the some-what fresh scar on my shoulder. "This was the reason I was about a week late coming here. This happened just about a month ago."

"W-what are they from?" Gage asked quietly.

I kept my gaze at the ground. "Knives."

I felt the wind get knocked out of me as Gage's body wrapped itself around me. I felt his warm tears falling on my naked shoulder.

"Danny, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. You were late because you were stabbed. Was it your dad?"

I nodded my head and snaked my arms around Gage's neck. He looked at me and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry you, you could have died..." His lip was quivering as tears poured from his eyes.

He really did care.

I smiled and grabbed his face in my hands. I whipped my thumbs under his eyes. "Don't worry about it. I'm here aren't I? Right here, and right here is were I'm going to stay for the next two months. And I don't plan on leaving either." I kissed his eyes to dry up the leftover tears.

Gage slowly lowered his body to his knees. Gently he placed his lips on the scar above my hip, kissing it from end to end, butterflies exploded in my stomach. He stood up and turned me around. Slowly he repeated the process on my shoulder.

He held me close to him, his arms finding their way around my waist. "Can you let me help you now?" Gage asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

I looked over my shoulder, and into his eyes. I nodded my head before placing a hand on his cheek and pressing my lips to his.

Thank God, he accepts me...

But little did I know that a ghost from my past would be visiting me sooner that I would have liked....

________________________________

A/N: What is this? Another update?! I've been updating a lot! Oh and did you see?! I finally have 3,000 reads!!! It means the world to me guys! But I'm not getting any comments on it... :( I feel like my writing is bad... Leave some input for me please!

Comment

Vote

Fan<3