05. Desperatly Seeking Kiara

It had been 2 days since the fight and the day John B was fired. Ward had grounded Sarah and locked her in her room. They had talked about what happened but Ward did not believe that Topper was capable of calling her such horrible names. There was a steady knock at her door.
"Come in," she said from her bed. The door opened to reveal Ward who stopped at her door.
"You have school today."
"Oh am I allowed to go there?" She said with a roll of her eyes.
"Sarah, get ready." He said before leaving.

By the time 4th period rolled around she found herself unable to train her eyes away from Kiara who was in the same class as her and sat right in front of her and messing with her phone. She so desperately wanted to reach out to her, ask her about John B, but she knew that would only cause a look of disdain. So what, she thought. There's nothing to lose.
"Hey," Sarah said towards Kiara who didn't turn at all.
"Kie," Sarah said again which caused Kiara to turn around
"Only my friends call me Kie." She said with a dirty look.
"Ok, I deserved that one." To which Kiara rolled her eyes at. "Um. How is John B?" Kiara looked taken aback.
"Why do you care."
"Uh. No Reason." Kiara gives here a look that she used to give her when she sounded stupid.
"If you're talking about how he got fired by your Dad, then no he is not doing fine but he will be."
Kiara said before turning back around in her seat.

The next day Sarah had still not seen John B and was even more determined to. That meant talking to Kiara more. So, she made her way over to the Wreck.
"Hey, Kiara," Sarah said when she saw her in her car just outside.
"My god. What the fuck do you want now Cameron."
"Ok that was a little rude," Sarah said, taken aback.
"Oh please. A little rude my ass."
"What is up with you?"
"What is up with me? With me? What is up with me is that you are suddenly talking to me everyday - at school and now at my job - for who knows why after we haven't talked in over a year because you were a bitch."
"How was I a bitch? You're the one who goes around talking shit about me everywhere you go."
"How are you a bitch? How about how you made me think we were bestfriends, then overnight started ignoring me, didn't invite me to your birthday party, and told everyone that I called the cops and got it shut down."
"Kie-"
"No don't Kie me. Tell me. Why'd you do it and why are you now so suddenly following me around all the time." This left Sarah quiet for a couple of seconds. She had two options here: Either to lie about what she did, which did not lead her to getting any closer to John B, or tell her deepest secret and be vulnerable in exchange for John B and maybe even Kiara because if she was being honest with herself, she missed Kiara a lot more than she ever realized. She let out a sigh.
"It's because you liked me alright." She sighed.
"What?"
"You liked me. When people like me or get too close to me I get scared of letting them get too close and I push them away. And if it means anything, I'm sorry. No bullshit. I really am sorry Kiara." Kiara stayed silent, just staring at Sarah. "So..."
"Fine get in the car," Kiara groaned.
"Does this mean you forgive me?" Sarah asked once she was in the car.
"Call it what you want. Doesn't mean we're friends." Kiara said as she pulled out of the parking lot.
"Alright I can live with that. Where are we going anyways."
"I have to pick up those asshats from detention." Which caused Sarah to perk up.
"Asshats? Would this include John B?" This made Kiara turn to her oddly.
"What is with your new obsession with John B? But yes it does include John B. And JJ too."
"I am not obsessed with John B," Sarah scoffed.
"Really? Then why have you been asking about him for the second day in a row now."
"He's just a... Nice guy... friend."
"A nice guy friend," Kiara repeated, staring at the blonde from the corner of her eye, "JJ was right. John B is macking on you."
"Macking? You were right when you told me Pogues talk different."
"It means he likes you, you dipshit."
"He likes me? He said that." Sarah gushed.
"Listen. If you're planning on doing the same thing you did to John B that you did to me once you two get close, then just don't start anything at all ok." Sarah frowned.
"John B's different."
"You guys have known each other for about two weeks."
"Still."