Maybe I Shouldn't Have Come

Începe de la început

What? It's fun.

You fly through the portal ahead of Optimus, bracing yourself for some kind of dizziness as you went through the portal, but you felt none. It was just like entering another room through a hallway. A glowing blue-green hallway, but a hallway nonetheless.

The other side is dark, at least until one of the bots flick on some sort of lantern. The cavern is filled with massive blue crystals, some even come up to the waist of Bulkhead. You spot a smaller cluster of crystals that juts out from the wall, and you twist your wings to slow your flight. 

You land silently on one of the crystals. It seems that none of the other bots noticed your presence, and you can see Optimus looking around wondering where you went. He finally spots you on your porch and gives you a nod. You nod back.

For an hour you just fly around, unnoticed by most, though Bee does spot you at one point and wave. You look for anything you can do to help, but there didn't seem to be much more you could do than pick up small crystal pieces that fell or were dropped. 

You decide to fly down one long tunnel, to see if there is any more Energon. You reach a dead end and are about to turn around and fly back, when a ground bridge opens, bathing the area in blue light. Two Cybertronian figures step out.

The first is a cherry red mech followed by a taller blue and grey one. The first one speaks.

"This is where Soundwave detected energon, but I'm seeing an empty cave." He pulls out an energon scanner from somewhere and holds it out in front of him. It beeps quietly as he turns and points it in different directions. As he turns, you can see the Decepticon insignia emblazoned on his arm.

Your eyes widen in alarm. You flap your wings to take off when a searing pain shoots through your wing. Knocked off balance, you fall to the ground.

The blue mech lowers his smoking blaster. 

"A bit jumpy, are we, Breakdown?" The cherry mech walks over and pokes you with his foot. "It's just a bird. Did it scare you that badly?" He smirked.

The blue one, Breakdown, you presumed, just rolled his eyes.

"I will not apologize for being vigilant." He states. "C'mon. Megatron will have our hide if we don't bring him some good news." He starts down the tunnel that would lead him to the Autobots.

As soon as they were out of sight, you painfully shifted into a human once again. Whimpering in pain, you press your left hand to the wound on your upper right arm. Lilac blood seeps slowly from the wound.

"ow, ow, ow, ow...." You click on your comm, attached to your wrist in the form of a watch, and try to reach one of the Autobots. 

"Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me?" You speak clearly into the mic. Static. More Static.

Click.

"We can hear you, Y/n." Optimus's voice can be heard through the static. 

Arcee cuts in, "What's up?"

"Listen." You suck in air through your teeth as you stand and start to run through the tunnel, following the Decepticons. "Two Decepticons are coming your way. A blue one and a red one. I think one is named Breakdown."

"Breakdown? Oh, nice. I've been wanting to punch something." You can hear Bulkhead crack his knuckles.

Arcee swears on the other side. The static gets louder before it fizzles out again. 

"Alright, thanks for the heads up. When will you be here?" Arcee asks.

"A few minutes. I'm injured and I can't fly."

"Do you require assistance?" 

"No, I'll be alright. Don't worry, I'll be back in a few minutes."

The comms go quiet, and then you can hear blasters firing up ahead. The end of the tunnel comes into view and you duck behind a stone, barely avoiding being shot by a white-hot blaster projectile. You peek cautiously out from the side.

Bulkhead and Breakdown are slamming each other into the ground and Arcee is facing the Cherry mech alongside Bumblebee. The Decepticons are rather preoccupied, so you run from one cover to the next, trying to get to the Autobot's ground bridge.

"C'mon, almost there..!" You push through gritted teeth. A blast of red-hot pain shoots up your side, and your legs suddenly refuse to work. You collapse, and your vision blurs. You can vaguely hear another groundbridge open, close, and the cannon fire cease, but your mind can't focus on anything.

"Y/n!" Arcee's voice cuts through your pain-induced stupor. She picks you up as gently as she can, but the movement still makes you gasp in pain. Black spots dance in your eyes.

"Ratchet, prepare the medbay." You hear Optimus speak over the comms.

Arcee carries you through the groundbridge, and Ratchet gives her orders that you can't fully make out due to the ringing in your ears.

"Human...too small...June Darby...quickly!"

It takes so much effort to stay awake, and you give in to unconsciousness right after the groundbridge opens.