Simple Things

Alison's pov
I got in my car and drove off from Radley. It was already starting to get dark out since I stayed, talking to Spencer for about 3 hours until they told me I had to leave because visiting hours were over.

We mostly just talked about life and caught up with each other, not that there was much to catch up over after a day since I go there every day or at least try to.

I told her about Emily and how we were and she told me about her new crush.

Sam Evans.

He has blonde hair and blue eyes, pretty cute. But not my type. Obviously.

I turn on the radio and put my playlist on.

Right Now by One Direction.

I laugh to myself as the chorus comes on, remembering how Emily hates One Direction since I have the biggest crush on Harry and Zayn. Always have ever since they became a band.

Whenever I play them in the house she always says, "Well why don't you just go date Harry then" mocking how I would normally say it, teasing her.

I really love her.

Wait. Did I just- No.

I like her. Yeah, I really like her.

I cannot love her. She probably doesn't even feel the same. No. She definitely doesn't feel the same.

No one could ever love me. I'm Me.

The ending of the song roles around and I could feel myself get teary eyes, but wipe it away quickly as I pull up to Emily's house.

I turn bluetooth off and grab my phone. I let Spencer keep the necklace from my dad since I didn't even wanna look at it and I threw the note out after Spencer read it.

I seriously want nothing to do with him. Ever.

I knock on the door and hear a faint "come in".

I open the door and look to see Emily on the couch.

As she sees me she smiles and stands up, running over to me and embracing me in a tight hug.

I wrap my arms around her neck and she holds my waist close to her.

I put my head in the crook of her neck and softly smile, gently kissing it.

She kisses the top of my head and we pull apart, me already missing the warmth of being held by her.

She makes me feel safe. Lile no-one cam hurt me when I'm with her.

"Hi" She smiles as we make eye contact.

"Hi" I giggle and bite my lip.

She leans in and we kiss. It was sweet and just enough.

I smile into her lips as she cups my neck.

When the kiss ends after a few seconds she asks me how I was feeling from earlier.

I sigh, "Better. I just needed time to think."

"I get that" She smiles.

"Thank you. For understanding" I say genuinely, looking into her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes that I could lose myself in.

"Of course" She says softly before pecking my lips swiftly.

"So, you hungry? Or did you eat already?" She asks.

"I'm starving" I chuckle as we walk over to the kitchen.

"Good. Cause I waited for you" She giggled as we make it to the cabinet where the menus are.