Apologies

Emily's pov
"Ali, I..." I trailed off we locked eyes.

"Em, you ok?" Ali asked as she sat up more.

"Yeah...I just really really like you" She smiled and leaned in.

"I really really like you too" She said before our lips collided.

The kiss was short but not too short. When she pulled back she rested her head back on my chest and I went back to playing with her hair.

God, you're so stupid! Why wouldn't you just tell her how you felt?!

1 Hour Later

I slowly opened my eyes from falling asleep and looked around for Ali.

"Ali?" I called for her but there was no answer.

"Ali?" I called a little louder, still no answer.

"Al-" I was cut off by a knock at the door.

I opened it and let out a sigh, "Ali" I smiled and pulled her in for a hug.

"Sorry, I forgot my key and I had to get something at home" She said holding up her package from her house.

"Where did you think I was?" She chuckled as she shut the door and I sat back down on the couch.

"I don't know..I just got scared, okay?" I said, playfully defensive.

Ali sat down next to me and opened her package to reveal a velvet box.

"What is that?" I asked.

She shrugged as she opened the velvet box.

Inside, was a silver necklace with an 'A' charm for Alison.

"It's beautiful" Ali took the necklace in her hand and placed it on her leg as she grabbed the piece of paper that was inside also with the necklace.

Alison,
My baby girl, I am so sorry. I know that you hate me. Believe me, I hate myself. And I know that it will take ages for you to forgive me for what I have done to you and Jason. I regret it everyday and kick myself for doing all of those horrid things. I wouldn't blame you if you never wanted to see me again, but, maybe you could consider it? I just wanted to send you this necklace. I thought it was very beautiful just like you. I miss you and Jason terrible. Well, that's all. Thank you for taking time to read this.
               To the moon and back,
                                   Dad

Alison read the note aloud.

I couldn't really tell what was going in her head. Her face just showed a blank expression as she read more into the note.

"I cannot believe him" She whispered as she finished the note.

"Ali-"

"He's trying to manipulate me into forgiving him and trusting him again." She raised her voice s she stood up.

"Ok, Ali, calm dow-" I stood up to try and calm her down.

"No! No, Emily I'm not gonna calm down! My father abused my brother and I and he thinks that writing a note and giving me a necklace will automatically fix all of his wrong doings and we can just be one happy family again?" She said angrily, looking at me.

"Ali, I get that you're upset and I am not by any means defending him. But, maybe he is sorry. I mean, he lost his wife of 17 years and he didn't know how to cope. He turned to alcohol and unfortunately he turned to abuse" I explained.

"I hate that he hurt you. Believe me, I do. But, from what the note says, he seems very sorry and he knows what he did was wrong." I finished.

There was a couple seconds of silence. Alison just staring at the note and the necklace in her hand.