"How could they not when I tell them I have a pitbull little sister who I can sick on them," Oliver laughed.

"Darn straight," I agreed. "So, are you ready to do this?"

Oliver grimaced. We'd been texting back and forth since Whistler and I had finally convinced him to come to LA and make up with James. He was worried that it was too far gone but I was determined to get them back together. Selfishly, I had been daydreaming about how fun double dates would be as a foursome. 

"I don't know Lotty, I think James has just seen me at my worst too many times. Plus, I'm still a work-in-progress. I can't be perfect for him."

"If James really cares about you, he won't expect you to be perfect," I assured him.

Oliver twisted to look down at me thoughtfully, apprehension filled his eyes. "You think?"

I shrugged casually, "Archer isn't perfect. Far from it actually, but that doesn't stop me from loving him." I laughed as Oliver shivered and shook his head rapidly as though he needed to clear an image from his brain. "In fact, I think I love him more because I can see how hard he tries."

"Yeah but Archer never acted like an alcoholic idiot with you," Oliver sighed.

"How has that been anyways?" I questioned hesitantly. I had never been sure how far Oliver's problems with alcohol went, and I wasn't sure he'd want to tell me.

Oliver leaned back on the bench and stared up at the sky, considering his words. "I don't want to downplay how bad I was. Because I know it was ugly. But I don't know... I drank because the second I got a sip of alcohol, all my pain would come rushing forward. I really hated hiding. So I'd drink until I forgot."

I reached out and patted Oliver's leg. Every time I got a glimpse into how much he'd suffered silently on his own my heart broke a little more for him. I had to remind myself that it was in the past, Ollie was on a better and brighter path now.

"I'm not saying it's not a problem anymore," Oliver continued. "I just don't feel the need to do that now. I'm seeing a therapist that Mom set me up with, and we've talked a lot about why I chose alcohol to cope. She wants to make sure that I don't use it as a self-soothing tool."

"Ollie, see? You are already doing so much to try and get better. I really think James will respect that." I said optimistically.

Oliver stood up and offered me his hand, "Okay, let's get this show on the road then."

An hour later we were standing outside of a Walmart, waiting for Archer to show up. I caught sight of his black ballcap as he weaved through some vehicles, jogging towards us. The best thing about having a giant for a boyfriend was that I could always find him so easily. His big head popped up over most visible barriers like an overgrown weed.

"What are you smirking about?" He asked me as he and Oliver bumped shoulders.

"I was just thinking about how you're like an overgrown weed." I smiled as he kissed my cheek. Oliver was too busy laughing at my comment to care about our affection.

"I'm not overgrown," Archer frowned, "if anything I think your growth was stunted cause you didn't eat enough red meat as a baby."

"There is so much wrong with what you just said, I don't even know where to begin." I shook my head as we walked inside.

Walking around the store with two grown men proved to be incredibly difficult. They both whined like babies every time I turned down a new aisle.

"Seriously, Sweetheart I really don't think we need Christmas lights." Archer groaned.

"Good lord, they aren't Christmas lights, they're twinkle lights," I clarified. "And a romantic gesture isn't complete without them."