Chapter 11

Ahh...Ummm...Oh, I listened to all these voices from Aditi's room. I was cutting mangoes for us. Aditi, are you okay? I shouted knocking the door. A few minutes later she came out, there was a different glamour on her face. What happened? I asked her. Were you vomiting? When Baani? I heard some voices from your room. Lol, you are such an innocent girl in the whole world. Come I will show you what I was doing. She showed me some tool, it was small and banana-shaped, it was pink in colour. What do you do with this? Is this some shaving tool? No, silly this is for masturbation. I know you have never tried this, but it's a good massager. Try this and I bet you will enjoy this.

I shrugged my shoulder, why do you want to use all this. Why should boys have all the fun? She winked at me and jumped in her bed she said Come I will show you how to operate, try these tonight and we will order some more. Have you ever kissed any guy, she asked me. No, I haven't. At my home talking to guys is a crime. Oh, darling, it's ok chuck that. Do you want me to make your profile on any online dating app? Let's try today, it's fun. Seems like someone wants to date again using my name.

Oh no no, I am surely not going to date anyone. I want to pursue in career and one day I want to open my own cafe, I will make different types of sandwiches and shakes, you can be my partner, and this offer is valid for lifetime. Aha! someone is making plans now, I said pulling her chin. Babes, we won't marry or date anyone, we will pursue in our career, we will go on vacation, we will buy a house on the beach, we will read books, watch movies, cook together, try different types of alcohol and live your lives.

You know with friends things are always different, there is no drama, things are simple, we enjoy without getting bored with each other. Why one has to always come on the terms of getting married and sharing the goals with a partner? Why the same goals can't be achieved with friends? Why the things we do in love can't be done with friends or roommates? I know people have a different equation and that's why society labels for everything but the important thing are to share a happy space with someone who understands you.

Wow, I am extremely in love with this new version of Aditi. Let's promise that we will checkmark all the things of our bucket lists sharing some major friendship goals, she said excitedly. I promise I yelled.

A few months later, Aditi shares her plans for an opening cafe to her parents. They are happy with her idea, we all are sitting in the living room having our ice creams, it's a treat from Aditi. She said she is not ready for marriage and want to live her dreams, first, her parents got tensed but she explained to them that for marriage they can wait. Her Dad agreed to her plans and it lightened up the mood in the room.

One day she received a call from Parth, she looked at me and said should I pick up or not? Your call Aditi I said. I was nervous as I don't want to see her suffering again. She picked up the call, Hello she said. Aditi, can we meet? I have broken my engagement with that girl, I am sorry for being a jerk but when you suddenly discussed marriage I was freaked out. To be honest, after you left I dated another girl but all she wanted was money. With you things were different. Parth, please stop, it was a year ago and now I don't even want to marry now, you can do whatever you want but don't try to contact me. From my end everything was genuine but you had hidden your engagement. Also one more thing Parth, because of you I started to believe in love but then departing from you I realized it exists in books, movies and series. No, Aditi please listen once I can explain. No Parth I don't want to. It's better to be left out alone than be with someone who is not worthy.

Are you okay Aditi? I asked curiously. Yes, Baani, let's not discuss him, he was an old chapter. We have come far from the past and its better to keep it there she said. I nodded and started to make our coffee. It was raining outside. We went to the balcony sipping our hot steamy coffee enjoying the water droplets. The cool wind was hitting our face, we stood in silence relishing our time.

In life, we will meet many people, some will enter to teach us, some will leave and some will stay no matter what. With Aditi, I learnt to enjoy life. We were opposite and our outlook towards the world was also different. She was stubborn but at the same time, she also helped the needy. She was always there when I was missing home. Her definition of home was never found in the dictionary. The bond we shared was not only limited to roommates but we became an important part of each other's lives.

Well, I am landing to meet my family, they have chosen a guy for me, of course, I am not going to marry but I want to discuss the same with my parents the way Aditi did. When you believe in your dreams, you should stand for them. I don't have plans as Aditi has, but I am now Team Leader in the same firm, I am getting some amazing job offers. I love reading and writing, I will be opting for some course and start blogging. I don't want to hurt my family so I will try my best to explain them. I am sure they will understand me.

Family is the only one who stands with you without expecting anything from you. Besides that, there are some friends, I count Tiya, Aditi and Veera, I have a different equation with all of them but they are my constants. Veera and I still check out Nishanth, I think Nishanth too likes me but it's better to keep it like that, not saying anything aloud at the moment. Maybe once I will change my organisation I will meet someone there. Life is full of surprises you never know what may come in your way.

My Dad is waving at me and Oh I see my cousin Jhanvi and Niket standing next to my Dad, they are expecting a baby now. Everyone hugged me, you look different Baani. Yes, there is some magic in Bangalore's climate, I say touching her tummy. Let's go home everyone is waiting to see you my Dad said.

I received a call from Aditi, Hi babes, have you reached? Hi, yes just reached I replied. Give my regards to everyone at home. Also please tell aunty to send those cookies, dont forget. Definitely, I will but let me just reach home first. Yes yes, enjoy your stay and miss me. I will miss you Baani she said. Hahaha, it's been just a couple of hours and you started missing me already, I teased her back. Bye, come soon.

Jhanvi asked me if Aditi is the same girl whom I am living with and I said yes. Niket asked me if I am looking for a job switch, he has some contacts and I can forward my resume. Tiya texted me to check if I reached home or not and she will be coming to meet me in the evening. I texted her back that I am on my way and I will reach soon.

Veera messaged me that she misses me and without me everything sucks. And wait, I received one more text it's from Nishanth and he says he would like to catch up sometime after office. I smiled and replied sure why not.

***The End***