Chapter 14: A Promise Never Forgotten

Start from the beginning

"There's just a huge mob following you!" Dream wheezes. I look over at his screen and it really does look chaotic.

"Are you sad that I'm stealing all your attention?" I tease. He simply laughs and I think he is just a little jealous. "Let's play some team Bedwars," I suggest.

"Ok, we're already in the same party," Dream says.

We join a new game and join green team, obviously. "So what's the plan?" he asks as the countdown begins.

"You're going to carry the team," I state simply and he bursts out laughing again.

"We can try rushing people later. I'll defend and you get emeralds," he says.

"What?! But I'm horrible at PVP!"

"That's why you have to practice," he says. "Just remember if you get killed, throw away the emeralds."

"Ugh fine." The game begins and I buy a stack of wool. I take a deep breath. I press shift and start bridging. And promptly fall into the void.

"You're so bad!" Dream wheezes. I cross my arms in annoyance. "I'm sorry! Try again."

I buy some more wool, take another deep breath and start bridging. I know I'm going painstakingly slow but I cannot mess up. I think I'm actually doing a good job! I've made it pretty far. Dream bursts into laughter but I don't have time to see what about. I move my mouse to see how far away I am from the main island. I scream. Before I can even know what is happening I'm falling into the void.

"He-he was just waiting for you!" Dream manages to say between very extreme wheezes. "You didn't even see him!"

I stare at my screen in shock and then scream in terror. "Oh my god Dream! He's rushing us! You didn't even defend the bed yet! Pay attention!"

"W-what?!" Dream exclaims. He tries to place blocks but he's still wheezing way too hard. I rush to help but before I can do anything, the dreaded red words appear on both of our screens. BED DESTROYED.

"No!" I scream, it seems this makes Dream laugh even harder.

"We're so bad at this game!" he says.

"Ugh Dream it's all your fault," I cross my arms and look away from him.

Then I hear Dream wheeze, "I'm gonna pee myself." (A/N quote from the x-ray series!)

I can't help cracking up. I'm laughing so hard my back hurts. We must look and sound like two maniacs, but I can't care right now. "Ok, ok, let's play some Skywars, hopefully you're just as bad at that."

We join a new game and to my delight, and alarm, Dream is on the island right next to me. "Yes! You're going to be the first one I get out!" he says.

I am filled with panic, all of my previous confidence gone. My plan had been to hide from Dream and hope he dies first. "Please Dream, can we at least team for the beginning?"

He chuckles. "Ok fine." I sigh in relief. I collect all the supplies from the chests as quickly as I can and start bridging to one of the inner islands. "I could hit you off!" Dream exclaims.

I look behind me. "What?! No! How are you already there? Dream please." He just laughs but at least I make it to the next island.

The chat is still going crazy with the fact that Dream is playing Skywars. A random player comes up to us and starts shifting at me and gets one hitted (I don't think that's a word) off the map. "Why did you do that?!" I ask in surprise.

"I thought they were trying to PVP us!"

"I think it's because you just want attention (you don't want my heart, maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone knew)" I say. This unfortunately happens a few more times since it is Skywars after all.

"Dream! Someone just said in the chat 'I think Dream is teaming with someone'!"

"No! They're on to us!" Dream exclaims. "They must be eliminated, come on I see them!"

The poor kid didn't even see Dream coming. "They said 'And their teammate is good! Admin! This is not fair!'" I read.

"Who's next," Dream asks.

"Let me check," I reply. My eyes widen with fear and without a word I start running away from Dream.

"Wait what?" Dream says as he stands there in confusion. I laugh nervously at his cluelessness. "Oh we're the last two!" he exclaims. I squeal in terror. I can just imagine the evil glint in his eyes. "Come here Y/N!"

"Leave me alone!" I scream. I check my inventory. I have my sword in hand. I can't remember what armor I have on. Yes I have a bow. I don't think Dream does. I'm running for my life.

"No Patches, get off!" I hear Dream shout. Huh? "Patches!" I look over and burst out laughing. Patches had casually leapt onto the table and was now, what appeared to be, sleeping on Dream's keyboard! "Patches! I'm so close to winning!"

I turn around in the game and charge back towards Dream, whose character is jerking around randomly and turning in circles. I hit him once, then twice. "Y/N! This isn't fair!" Dream exclaims. He lifts Patches off the keyboard, but presses the 'r' button by accident. In game Dream runs forward, before skidding to a stop dangerously close to the edge.

I scream in victory as I deal the final blow. I watch in delight as Dream falls into the void.

"Nooooooooooooo!" Dream screams.

I smirk at him. "Guess your cat isn't very loyal to the evil scientist huh?"

Author's Note: 7K!!! WHAT!? I still remember the day I uploaded the first chapter! Thank you so much!!! Did you figure out what song I used? ;) Remember to vote, comment and stay awesome!

10/2/2020