ɴɪsʜɪɴᴏʏᴀ ʏᴜᴜ | I'm sorry

Start from the beginning

It was my first time seeing such a way to catch a ball.

"Are you alright? Damn, It was my fault! I'm sorry for my rude actions!"

He shouted as he quickly bowed down towards my direction.

I panicked as I tried to apologize for myself.

"No, no. It wasn't your fault! You were just having fun! Here it is close to a field to play, so you shouldn't apologize."

I flustered frantically but I tried to calm myself down afterward.

"Y/N, what are- Oh, Nishinoya-kun? I have never seen you passing through this part of the street. What a coincidence indeed."

My eyes widen.

'Mom knows him..?"

"Mrs. (L/N)? It's been a long time since you've visited our house."

"I've been quite busy with work so I didn't have time to visit hehe."

"Excuse me... You guys know each other?"

I asked curiously, causing them to stare at me. My mother giggled as she explained.

"This is the grandson of the grandpa I've always talked about, Y/N. You know, the grandfather that helped us settled down to a new hospital for your treatment."

My eyes widen.

After mom explained, Nishinoya laughed in which he walked closer to me.

"That old man of mine sure is popular, huh? The name's Yuu Nishinoya. This is the first time we have met, L/N-san."

He quickly introduces himself. I observed him for a moment before smiling.

"My name is Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you too."

I introduced myself with my eyes gazing at his eyes.

He smiled afterward he stood proudly from the knees.

With that, he suddenly proclaimed.

"Hope your treatment works well! I bet you can do anything if you try! I mean, It's not like your life just got wasted because of some weakness you're born with."

My eyes widen at his proclamation.

He was the first to say those words other than the usual ones I've always heard.

"What a pitiful life she went through."

"Poor girl. She couldn't even walk."

"Must be sad to have such a life."

He was the first to say such a thing I would never think would happen.

I smiled in which I blurted out a quick sentence.

"Thank you."

Those are the only words I could say today.

-

Like fate was trying to calm my life down, he would frequently visit me in my hospital room.

As time passes by, we quickly become close friends.

"Hey, Yuu! Congratulations on beating Aoba Johsai in the practice match."

Hearing my congratulation, he slightly blush before running towards me and shouted in surprise.

"You heard? Yeah for once. Thanks to the new first years on our team, we will definitely go to nationals this time!"

Nishinoya pumped his fist proudly into the sky.