chapter one

pannacotta fugo ;;

is it easy to keep so quiet? everyone loves a quiet child.

at least i do, my parents seem to as well.

i try to keep my patience while on this bus, the sound of a screaming, crying baby fills the air. its the only noise, well, besides the sound of car engines and horns by us.

currently, im taking this bus to school. no, this isn't a school bus. it's a city bus. the bus doesn't stop at my house, but, there's a bus stop down the road from my home and one about 5 minutes from the school.

ah, speak of the devil. the bus then stops at my destination. i quietly get out of my seat and walk to the front of the bus, only to get off right after though.

the bus then shuts it's doors and speeds off to the next bus stop.
i rub my temples and sigh, continuing my way to school.

i felt a buz from my pocket, it was my phone.
i pulled out my phone to see a text from my mother.

"Good Morning, Pannacotta. I didn't see you on my way out the door, Just wanted to tell you to have a good day at School and do your best. We will be seeing you this afternoon."

i then turned my phone back off and back in my pocket.
truly, i didnt care what my mother and father had to say. call it teenage angst all you want, but, i couldn't care any less for them. sure, i guess i love them, but, it's because i have to. they aren't good people.

before i know it, im standing on the concrete steps that belong to my school. i look up at the building and mentally prepare myself for the school day.

i open the doors and began walking down the hallways until i reach the hallway for my grade. yep, senior year.

i walk down the hallway until i reach my locker. i put my code in and it shoots up.
nothing special about my locker. only books.

suddenly, im startled by a push into my side.

"hey, fugo! how's it goin'!?"

"ah, narancia. good morning." i grumbled, he only smiled.
i continue putting my backpack away and grabbing books out of my locker as narancia spoke about his night and morning so far.

i then slammed my locker shut,
"sorry, narancia. we can talk more at lunch. we need to go to class." i cut off his sentence, he pointed finger guns at me, "got it, panini!"
i furrowed my brows, "don't call me that."

we said our goodbyes and headed off to homeroom / first period.
as annoying narancia could be, he was my best friend. even if there's times where i want to keep my distance from him.

hint, it's one of those times.

i walk into my class and took a seat at my desk. i looked at the white board to see what we were planning to do today in class.

my view then got blocked by him.

giorno giovanna.

i hated him. he was the worst creature i came in contact with.

i was the one who always had straight A's in class and the top student, but, in 6th grade, he decided to just jump in and take that spot.
he's the reason my parents are harder on me than before.

not only did he think he was so smart, he thought he was some sort of special person.

i just hated him. i hated his voice, how calm and gentle it was. how his hair shined and perfectly laid on his shoulder. i hated his eyes and how they were always shiny and glowing. i hated how-