Sign Language

(Peter is not spiderman and is Tony's son. Harley comes to visit from Tennessee for the summer)

"Hey, old man! Long time no see." Harley said as he walked over to Tony, exiting the airport.

"Hey, kid. God, you've grown." He pulled Harley into a side hug and guided him to the limo where Happy was waiting.

"Nah, I think you've shrunk." Harley jokes. Tony chuckles and they get into the limo. Harley stares out the window, wide eyed. After some minutes, Harley didn't know how long, he lost track, they pulled into the garage at Avengers Tower. As they walked in to the building Harley whispered, "Holy shit."

"Yeah, it pretty cool, right?" Tony smiled. "Just don't let capsicle hear you curse."

"So where are we headed first?" Harley asked as they walked into the elevator.

"To my lab. That's where my son probably is while my beautiful wife is off at a meeting. You'll probably see her at dinner."

"Your son?"

"Yeah, his name is Peter. I'd think you'd get along." Harley nods. They arrive at the lab and Harley stars in awe. He then notices a kid. Brown fluffy hair, Bambi eyes and a adorable smile. Harley blushed when he realized he was staring. Peter the looks up to realize Tony and Harley walked in. Tony walked over to Peter and started talking to him, outloud and in sign language, though Harley didn't see because he was still in awe.

"Harley!" Tony called. Harley snapped out if it and walked over to the father-son duo. "Introduce yourselves and I'll be right back, ok? Don't blow anything up." Tony strode past them and left the room.

"Hi! I'm Peter."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Harley." He mumbled, looking away from him to the rest of the lab. Peter gently tapped his shoulder, getting his attention.

"Umm, you'll have to look at me when you talk. I'm deaf and can't really read lips if you look away." Peter says sheepishly. "Or if you know sign language, that can help." He jokes.

"Oh! I'm sorry." He exclaims, but talks slower than usual.

"It's fine, you didn't know. And you don't have to talk slow or anything. A nice normal pace, not to fast or too slow and just look at me when talking."

"Ok. And earlier I said it's nice to meet you, my name is Harley." Harley smiles.

"It's nice to meet you too." Peter smiles.

------

Harley sat in his room, searching the internet as one does, when he came across the ASL alphabet. He bit his lip and then typed in the search bar 'ASL for beginners'.

------

"Hey, Harley." Peter greets as Harley walked into the kitchen, the next morning.

Hey, how has your morning been? Harley signed. Peter looked surprised but he soon grinned.

"Y-you leaned ASL?"

"Yep! Just the basics though." Harley shrugged like it was no big deal. Peter stood up from his chair and pulled Harley into a tight hug. "What's this for darlin'?" Harley asked once they pulled apart.

"Not many people would've done that. Especially since we just met." Peter shrugged.

"Well I'm not like everyone else, darlin'."

"I guess you're not.... D-do you want to hang with me today?"

Harley grinned, "I would love that sweetheart." Peter smiled and looked to the floor, blushing slightly. Harley grabbed Peter's hand, squeezing it comfortingly. They smiled at each other and sat down at the table ready to eat breakfast.

(Sorry it's so short :/)