"...I'm sorry, I don't know what's happening--"

"Of course you fucking know what's happening because it's all your fault. Everything is your fault. My fucking wife is dead because of you!" Jeongguk bellows, heedless in his moment of accusatory rage.

Jimin's mouth drops and his eyes widen with an array of emotions filling his irises to the point of near destruction. The anger he believed to be ephemeral in the man standing before him simply proceeds to blossom into something much greater and ungovernable. Jeongguk's face proceeds to twist further into a state of utter loathing.

And the teacher doesn't know what to say; doesn't know what to think. Is it true? Is So-Young dead and is it all his fault? It must be. None of this would've happened if he had just denied Jeongguk's car ride offer the day they met. Maybe things would be better if he just lets Kai have his way. Nobody else will get hurt.

"Jeongguk, I think that's enough," Officer Kim interjects with growing concern from behind.

Jeongguk is seething with anger, it's almost as if the man has steam spewing from his ears like in the cartoons they would always watch at night just before bed.

"...You're fucking right that's enough. Jimin... I want you out of my house. Now," Officer Jeon demands with heat rising in his eyes.

The teacher is staring at the man still, appalled by his sudden order. He can feel himself begin to cry however he believes he has no right to. This isn't his home. Jeongguk isn't his home.

So why does it hurt so bad, knowing that he has no choice now but to leave? It feels like a direct blow to his heart - the way Jeongguk is leering at him with zero ounce of regret or jest. This is real. Officer Jeon - the man who used to cradle him the moment he got a scary text is now forcing him out of the only place he feels safe. Forcing him away from the only man who makes him feel safe.

It doesn't feel real, though. It just feels like another bad dream - one he can wake up to and find himself within Jeongguk's arms, holding him close and providing protection as well as warmth and care.

But all of that wistful thinking is blown away with the wind seeping in through the window the moment Jimin is grabbed by his wrist and pulled off of the floor. The man's touch isn't gentle. It's caustic and painful as he's tugged toward the front door, right past Namjoon who stands idly, watching the scene unfold before him.

"J-Jeongguk, wait, please," Jimin begs with teary eyes, placing his small hand atop the one burning his skin.

"What?" Jeongguk snaps as he has Jimin pressed up against the front door.

The teacher is pulling on his own bottom lip, staring deeply into Jeongguk's eyes, almost to the point it's disarming. Slowly he can feel the policeman's fiery grip around his wrist loosening. Jimin is able to ease it's way out of his fingers and slowly bring it up to the man's cheek, brushing the plush of it with his thumb in a stuttered, panicked motion.

Jimin can see Jeongguk's face as it slowly softens and can feel the man's breath brush his lips due to their slowly dwindling proximity.

"I'm sorry, Jeongguk," the teacher whispers against the man's lips with a tear rolling down his cheek.

Officer Jeon shows every amount of conflict in his flitting eyes. The comforting brush of Jimin's lips against his own is inebriating. The soothing sound of his voice is like a sweet, mellifluous lullably. One that perhaps can put him into a stupor and lure him away from his plight. Like a siren does to a sailor, enchanting and bewitching.

But the moment Jimin thinks he nearly has him, the man returns to his senses and pulls away from the teacher, unstable. Jeongguk's fingers curl around the teacher's wrist and the man releases a quiet yelp as he's jerked away from the door and out of it as soon as it's opened.