~51~ Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

Once we get out of our rooms though, that hope vanishes—They're both sitting on the couch, waiting on us.

"Afternoon," Taylor says darkly.

Whoop! I hear what he's implying—We wasted an ENTIRE morning of vacation...I'm so dead.

I start to say I'm sorry, but Taylor holds up his hand. "You both reek of alcohol and seaweed. Duncan, go take a shower in your room. Liam, go take one in ours. Now."

"Yes sir," Duncan says as he turns around quickly and leaves.

Once we're done, we both sit down on the couch opposite mom and Taylor.

They just stare at us hard for a minute. Finally, Taylor speaks.

"Here's the deal...This is vacation. So, as far as punishments go, you guys are basically off the hook for now. Liam, we'll ground you and everything once we get home. Duncan, I've called your dad and he's doing the same when you get back," he says, pausing as we process what was just said. I immediately feel relieved.

"We aren't doing this for you guys. This is just as much our vacation as it is yours, and we don't feel like being punished too—We didn't do anything wrong. The ONLY restriction you have right now is that you are NOT allowed to go off on your own anymore. You'll go wherever we go, whenever we do. Am I clear?"

We both just nod.

"Good," Taylor says as he looks at mom. I figured we're done, so I stand up to get some Tylenol for my headache. "Where do you think you're going, young man?"

"You just said we're off the hook."

"No I didn't," Taylor says as he gives me a hard look. "I said you were BASICALLY off the hook. As in, not totally."

"I don't understand."

"You two were out until 3 in the morning. You NEVER answered your phones. You came back, completely hammered. You scared us to death. You aren't getting out of this completely."

"Duncan, we called your dad this morning, and had a long conversation with him. We've both come to an agreement. Liam, you're getting the belt—I assume you already figured as much. Duncan, your dad also wants you to get the belt. He wanted me to assure you that he'll be repeating it once you're home as well."

I let out a sigh. This sucks.

I look over at Duncan, and he's humiliated. He's just staring at his hands, saying nothing.

"As I said, this is vacation. So, we're going into your bedroom in a minute and taking care of this. Then, we're all going sightseeing. This one over here is pretty put out that she didn't get to go to the Historic Mansion this morning. So, we're spending the entire rest of the day doing what she and I want to do, and you two are just along for the ride. Tomorrow, we'll do what you guys want, because like I said...This is still vacation."

"Liam, I'll lecture you once we get back...But for now, that's all I've got. Any questions?" He asks as he claps his hands together and waits for us to respond.

We're quiet as we wait for our impending doom—Ain't no questions for what's about to happen; Only pain.

He looks back over at mom and squeezes her thigh. "Ok you two, you've got a date with my belt—Let's go."

We both stand up and follow him in, and Taylor shuts the door behind us.

"Duncan, have you ever had the belt before?" He asks.

Duncan looks down at the ground and nods. "Many times, sir."

"Good," Taylor says, looking a little relieved.