Chapter 16: Recovery

Start from the beginning

"D-Dad!" Izuku sputtered, face a bright red.

"Ok, ok. But actually, Hitoshi needs to get checked over by the doctor," Aizawa said, pointing his thumb over to the doctor who was watching the exchange with a smile.

"Ok...I'll see you later, Hito," Izuku said, slowly standing up from the chair.

Hitoshi ungracefully yanked his hand, causing him to fall, and kissed him.

After their five-second make-out sesh, they pulled away.

"Later, Izu," Hitoshi said, causing Izuku to blush even more and walk out of the room, a laughing Aiawa behind him.

~~~

After his examination, the doctor, Dr. Nishikino, let him know that he was healed enough to be moved into the hospital room both Shoto and Iida were staying in. That made Hitoshi smile; he wanted to absolutely punt Iida's ass for starting this mess.

Hitoshi wasn't cleared to walk yet, so he had to be wheeled around in a wheelchair, though Izuku was the one wheeling him around so it wasn't all bad

Wheeling into the room with Izuku, Aizawa, and Yamada, who finally got done with work, Hitoshi could see Iida looking out the window, and Shoto talking with Ikaru, and Kokoro. Everyone turned to look at the quartet.

Izuku ignored Kokoro's lovesick eyes that followed him throughout the room.

Wheeling Hitoshi to his bed, Izuku gently took his hands, helping him stand up, very slowly and meticulously, and set him into the ground.

"There," Izuku said, a soft tone that Ikaru has never heard before.

She looked at the scene of her ex-brother and his boyfriend and smiled softly to herself.

She was glad that he was happy with someone.

Kokoro saw the look on Ikaru's face, before turning to look at Shoto, who also looked happy at the scene.

A small, unnoticeable, frown made its way onto her face.

"Alright, boys, enough with the lovey-dovey stuff," Aizawa said with a sigh.

"Yeah, like you and papa aren't lovey-dovey at home," Izuku said, making Hitoshi chuckle a little.

"I'll ground you," Aizawa said with a glare, although Izuku knew it was empty.

"No you won't," Yamada said, taking Aizawa's hand.

"No I won't," Aizawa said.

"Whipped," Hitoshi whispered, not so quietly, to Izuku, causing him to laugh.

"Um, excuse me, Mr. Aizawa?" Iida said, chiming in from his bed near the window.

"Yes, Iida?" Aizawa said with a tired stare.

"What did he mean by 'Papa'? And 'At home'?" Iida asked, shooting a confused look at the family.

"Well-" Aizawa started saying before Yamada interrupted.

"The little listener's our son, yeah!"

"Thank you, Hizashi. But yes, Izuku is our son, and Hitoshi is his tag-a-long," Aizawa said, earning a yell of 'Oi!' from Hitoshi.

"But, isn't he Yagi's brother?" Iida asked.

Tired of Iida's constant questioning, Izuku just decided to tell him the truth. "OMG, I'm adopted! My legal name is Izuku Aizawa-Yamada, but I go by Yagi in school so no one thinks I got in through my parents," Izuku explained, rubbing his nose in exasperation.

There was a knock on the door, cutting the conversation short

"Excuse me, ruff. I'm from the Hosu Police Department, ruff," A man with a dog quirk said. Izuku and Hitoshi had to cover each other's mouth with their hands to keep the other from laughing.

"Come in," Aizawa said, sighing at his son's antics.

"Thank you, ruff. Your fight with Stain was very reckless and could have resulted in you getting hurt, ruff. I'm here to talk about the legality of the entire situation, ruff," the dog-headed man said.

"Go on."

"Because you used your quirks without a license, you could get arrested for public quirk use and vigilantism, ruff and the credit for the takedown would have to go to Endeavor, since he would match the burns, ruff," the man said, looking at Shoto and Iida.

"Oi!" Shoto said, moving to stand up but being held down by Kokoro and Ikaru.

"Let him finish," Aizawa said, shooting a tired glare at the peppermint boy.

"But, since we got video evidence from that boy over there, ruff," he said, pointing at Izuku, "we can give the credit to those two boys since they were authorized from Eraserhead to use their quirks, ruff, and one of them doesn't even have a quirk to use ruff," the dog-headed man explained.

"So, the takedown of Stain won't go to Endeavor, but to Yag- Aizawa-Yamada and Shinsou over there?" Iida asked, looking over from the dog-man to the two boys.

"Yes, ruff."

"Cool. I'm ok with that. As long as that bastard doesn't get the credit," Shoto said, sitting back down.

"Alright, ruff. As an officer, I have to say what you did was reckless, but as a citizen, I thank you for taking him down, ruff," the man said with a bow.

"...Could have just started with that..." Shoto grumbled.

"Thank you, sir," Aizawa said, bowing at the man.

"I'll take my leave, ruff. Do good, future heroes," the man said, before leaving the room.

"Well...That was fun," Izuku said, earning a light smack to the back of the head from Aizawa.

"Problem child," Aizawa sighed, watching Izuku in fond tiredness as he grumbled and rubbed the back of his head.

As the people in the room all settled down, they heard the sound of rushing footsteps draw nearer and nearer to their room.

The door burst open with a loud clang from where the door hit the wall, as they all saw a boy, huff, leaning his hands on his knees, before looking up and around the room, before he landed on Shoto.

"SHOTO!" The boy yelled, running towards the peppermint boy and hugging him tightly.

"Hiryu?"

"I was so worried! When you texted me and told me what happened I came straight here since I was already interning in Hosu!" The black-haired boy said.

"Hiryu," Shoto said, hugging the boy close.

"Um, Shoto? Who's this?" Kokoro asked her brother.

"This is Hiryu Rin, from class 1B. We met at a cafe after the Sports Festival and became friends," Shoto explained, an unnoticeable amount of pink dusting his cheeks that only Izuku and Hitoshi's sharp eyes picked up.

"It's nice to meet you guys! Shoto says a lot about you," Rin said, looking at Ikaru and Kokoro.

"Th-the pleasures mine," Kokoro said, looking between Shoto and Rin, eyes narrowed.

"Well...I'm happy for him, he deserves someone that doesn't have a...fiery...personality," Izuku said, whispering to Hitoshi, not taking his eyes off of the two boys.

"Yeah. Me too."

...

"HITOSHI SHINSOU!"

"Well shit."

~~~

Word Count: 1613

Edited by @natopotat uwu

We finally meet Shoto's love interest owo

Until next time!

Fire out~